Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Sun Fusion FJ Cruiser - 6 sp MT
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am on vacation in MN so I can't use my usual service shop.. I was replacing/upgrading my rear lower control arms and discovered the bolt holes of the hanger on the axle end have become elongaded. They are oval shaped which i know will cause me problems. Has any one else had this problem and how much did it cost to fix it. I assume I'll need to have a piece (like a washer) welded to the original hanger to fix it.

Finally, if you know a good shop in the Twin Cities that can do the work, I'd appreciate a recommendation. Right now, I only know of 4-wheel parts in Brooklyn Park, and I don't know if they do welding/fab work. I'm 1000 miles from home and don't really want to drive it that distance to get it fixed.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,987 Posts
Probably best to start with 4WP and if they dont do any fab work I would bet one of the guys there may have a recommendation.

I have heard of this happening before, and sometimes if they just are not clamping down enough, you can add a thick washer or two and torque it way down and likely get home ok. Depends how bad the hole and bolt are.

·
Registered
444 Posts
There is a good reputable shop in my town. Not far from brooklyn park and I'm sure they do weld and fab.
Good luck.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a good reputable shop in my town. Not far from brooklyn park and I'm sure they do weld and fab.
Good luck.

If you want to post the name here, I am interested. 4WP is booked out for a week. I'll also send you a PM. Thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts