Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what one rock did to my All Pro sliders. The first picture shows how the tubing dented in at the front. The second picture is of the whole slider bent. You can see towards the rear there is about 1/2 inch clearance, but to the front it bent so bad that it's hitting the body. They say these things can sustain the whole weight of the truck, I don't think they did before they got hit, and they certainly can't now. If you're set on getting All Pro's sliders, at least get their DOM ones.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
looks like it did it's job :bigthumb:

·
Registered
368 Posts
They are a protective barrier. They worked. Wonder what that rocker panel would of looked like without?

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
You have a standard rock rail set, now if you got the dom tubing set for a couple more bucks, that might not have happened... either way, it protected your lower panels...

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I read somewhere "chicks dig scars!" How fast were you going and did it stop you cold? Looks like it was quite the impact?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
:werd:

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
I would rather have to pay for a new slider (400$ for the set) than the Probably 3 to 4 grand in damage that rock would have done to your rig.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
Yeah that thing is trashed... ill give you $50 for the set

·
Premium Member
16,933 Posts
Looks like the slider did its job. Without the slider you would be paying a bit of money to fix the FJ.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
For one I think he Misunderstands the purpose of Sliders.. and is clueless on Physics...
Sliders will Hold if directly applied, the weight of the truck with out issues... When you put that same vehicle in motion, and it slames down from any distance (1' to 2 ft) The weight is then Multiplied and depending on if its a large flat rock allowing the weight to be distributed, or if its focused in one spot as in this scenero.... the Slider will bend! It did its job as designed, served its purpose... By new pretty ones, have that bent back down alittle, Or Just keep wheeling it till it looks like a pretzel!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts