Spare wheel is bolt on, not swing out
Silver exterior color
Blue exterior color had SS oval tail pipe
Set up for Police/Ranger with light bar on top

Awesome!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Its it just me? On those SOR pics- the blue one clearly has three windshield wipers. The silver one appears to only have 2??
I adjusted the darkness & contrast on one of the silver model side pics for clarity- it now appears that the suicide door passenger window has the same frame/edge treatment as the drivers window- maybe its gonna be openable now? We can only hope...

·
Registered
1 Posts
rcd said:
Its it just me? On those SOR pics- the blue one clearly has three windshield wipers. The silver one appears to only have 2??
I adjusted the darkness & contrast on one of the silver model side pics for clarity- it now appears that the suicide door passenger window has the same frame/edge treatment as the drivers window- maybe its gonna be openable now? We can only hope...
You're right about the wipers...I didn't notice that. But now that I look at photo 12 of the silver one, it's clear that the center wiper will not be able to cover the passenger's side, so I don't think that is what the actual production model will be like.
http://www.sor.com/shared/SlideShows/Jayleno/012.jpg

As for the window, check out this photo:
http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/AS/fj40-lg/07_fj_cruiser_30_001.jpg
From that photo, the rear window on the passenger side doesn't look like it's openable.

Anyway, the more photos and info I see of the FJ Cruiser, the more I think I like it.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
At any rate, those images rock - more fuel for the desire to have one of my very own.

The new photos on the Toyota Company site definitely show some offroad capability as well. This thing is going to kick some serious ass.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It looks like only two wipers.

Also, there is not enough room below the rear window to lower it due to the angle of the door.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To me it looks like the third wiper is just not attached. Besides, its Califorina, what do they need wipers for? :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
<i>Boy do I have some good news for you, there is already one in orange</i>

Huh. I was under the impression that those two were the same vehicle in yellow, and that the one that appears orange was just a photography artifact.

If not... w00t!

Cheers,
prat

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
praetorian said:
<i>Boy do I have some good news for you, there is already one in orange</i>

Huh. I was under the impression that those two were the same vehicle in yellow, and that the one that appears orange was just a photography artifact.

If not... w00t!

Cheers,
prat
Prat,
I had not heard that before. Those look like two different colors to me....

·
Registered
294 Posts
There is not an orange color option.
That is the yellow FJ shown.

There are 5 color options:
Black
Silver
Blue
Yellow,
Black Cherry (dark red)

Do your homework, before you post.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
cheazhd said:
Do your homework, before you post.
Cheazhd,

Are you trying to be a d#ck? If what you posted is true (you posted no source) it is the first I heard of it. As for doing my homework, I took a pic of what appeared to be an orange fj off of Toyota's website. That felt pretty reliable to me.

#1 post your source, we all would like to see the offical color annoucement from Toyota

#2 try and be a little nicer, we are all here because we like the FJ and are trying to find information on it. If you find something that differs from what another poster has said, take some time and explain what you found.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sorry bout my last post, the color info is old news...to me!

This is a copy of my email sent directly from Toyota in MARCH of 2005,
Read the paragraph that starts: "Exterior Colors"

Retro Goes Radical
The FJ Cruiser is accelerating from vintage to vanguard to attract the venturesome. With a host of novel features ranging from ceiling speakers to rubber flooring, retro is going radical. Two years after the FJ Cruiser concept tantalized visitors at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, the FJ Cruiser production model debuted Feb. 9 at the Chicago Auto Show. It's scheduled to go on sale in 2006.

The FJ Cruiser concept was jointly developed by Toyota Motor Sales and Calty Design Research in Newport Beach, Calif. Toyota Motor Corporation fine-tuned the design for the production model, which is intended to appeal to younger buyers with active lifestyles. Enticed by performance and style, these customers want vehicles that are fun to drive, sporty, rugged and aggressive. Fitting the bill are "freedom trucks," such as the Nissan Xterra and Jeep Wrangler.

"The freedom truck market plays directly to the DNA of America to go anywhere and do anything," says Product Planning Administrator Bruce Hunt. "More people are placing an emphasis on experiences, such as adventure travel and thrill sports. Active youths want rugged and versatile vehicles, and the FJ Cruiser fills that niche."

Although pricing hasn't been finalized, it's expected to be far less than the full-size Land Cruiser. Says Hunt, "The affordable FJ puts capability within reach."

Capable, it is. The SUV is powered by a 4.0-liter, V-6 engine that produces 245 horsepower and 282 lb.-ft of torque. The vehicle, which has two full-size doors plus two access doors, is available with a 5-speed automatic transmission or a 6-speed manual transmission.

Inspired by Toyota's legendary FJ 40, the contemporary FJ features the same white roof and wrap-around windows as the classic. Narrow headlamps bracket the front grille, which announces the Toyota name. The two outside mirrors sport spotlights. The license plate holder is set off to one side on the back of the vehicle next to a spare tire on a swinging rear door with a flip-up rear window. All five tires are pumped up to a brawny 32 inches in diameter. Also contributing to the rugged styling is a triple windshield wiper system.

Exterior colors are strong (Titanium Metallic, Black Diamond and Black Cherry Pearl) and anything but subtle (Atomic Sun and Voodoo Blue). The interior is charcoal gray, with water-resistant seats and rubber flooring that make spraying away snow or seawater a breeze - vital for an off-roader. It's roomy enough for a snowboard, surfboard or mountain bike. And if that's not enough space for stuff, the FJ has 5,000 pounds of towing capacity.

With more than 50 accessories ranging from rock rails to roof racks, the FJ also can be customized, music to the ears of Gen Y. And when it comes to listening to music, the spin of an oversize volume button produces surround sound. In what is believed to be a world first, speakers are being installed in the lining of the ceiling, proving once again that a venerable predecessor can produce a venturous pioneer.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think that info is sufficiently old enough to be considered "not official."

I wouldn't be surprised to see three or four more color offered, personally.

Also, we need to keep this place civil. There are plenty of other forums in which to indulge our shittier sides.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts