Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this has already been covered I am sorry, I looked for about an hour and couldn't find anything that answered my question.

I feel I am in a very good position. I found this great site before buying, so I'm able to ask some of the tougher questions before hand.

My question is kinda weird though. I have been weighing the cost of buying my FJ with a bunch of parts I don't want, or buying it stripped then ordering the parts from Toyota and installing myself.

Out of all the options available i only really want 4. I want the rear locker, the passenger armrest, the "Multi Information Display" (the dash pod,) and the tow hitch. Everything else seems rather like extra stuff to break. Unfortunately to get this combination (according to the Toyota configuration tool online) I need to buy $10k worth of other options and packages. So i started looking at parts vendors online, but without pictures and part numbers it is hard to know if what I am looking at is actually the part I want or if it is something with a similar name. So, my question is two-fold. Does anyone have part numbers for these items? and am I missing something I really should order my FJ with?

Sorry for the length. turned out a little longer than I planned.

Thanks in advance though.

Daehimeh

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just bought a brand new fully loaded 2008 FJC, the sticker was $30,900. I bought it for $500 under invoice which was $27,400 - $500 = $26,900 then got a $3000 dollar instant manufacturer cash rebate, so ended up paying $23,900. That is of course before tax and license.

I guess my point is that you can get all the bells and whistles for a lot less than $10,000. and you will be glad you did.

The dash pod and rear locker are not something you can install easily yourself. The armrest is easy, no problem.

There are deals to be had out there, go for it!:king:

·
Registered
235 Posts
There is a post on here how to install the dash pod, one of our folks did it. I priced the parts through TRDsource About $400.

·
Registered
660 Posts
unless you want an aftermarket locker like ARB, the factory rear locker can only be had from the factory...to add it on would cost several thousand dollars...The passenger armrest can be added for about $60. multidash display can be had for about $400 and the tow hitch is about $125 plus another $60 for the wire harness.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I have decided what i plan on doing when I buy. Going to look for a Certified pre-owned. Want to find a 4x4 that looks like the previous owner didn't really ever take it off road. The locker is must-have, but I have no problem installing the tow-hitch, dash pod, and anything else myself. Now I just have to find a Sandstorm on steelies with the locker. :rocker:

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Atrac is just a button right? Not something I should order?
:simmadown:
I know this has probably been covered elsewhere, I was just here, and it was related so i asked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts