Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would spread the news. Last ride out came home stuck the end of the hose inside the fan shroud, talk about Mud city.. I flushed and FLushed for about an hour then flushed some more, Muddy water still coming out.

So tonight after the strom cleared. went out and opened the hood from yesterdays ride, and I flushed it again for an hour and a half Muddy Muddy. and I didn't get in the mud. it is from Dusty Trails. So I urge you to Flush this everytime you go. I did not have any overheating problems. Just decided to stick the hose in there without any nozzel. Go try yours even if you have not been on the trails. I also flushed it from the front, then in the shroud, then the front then the sides. I think you get my Picture Now go do yours then Please reply with your results. Thanks ...:)

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Even if I dont wash the entire truck I wash out the radiator, engine bay, and underneath the truck after every run.
You have to pay to play :D

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Brother I thought my engine compartment was spotless until I pulled the shroud off to put the TRD intake on yesterday. It was all up under there, wood chips too!

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess there is only a couple of us with clean radiators...:rawr:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Mine started overheating after riding once, took off the cover and mud was completely caked on. Took me 2 hours to get all the mud off.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I washed everthing out last weekend from the Coal Creek ride (Yikes) and the air cleaner was real bad!!!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Even if I dont wash the entire truck I wash out the radiator, engine bay, and underneath the truck after every run.
You have to pay to play :D
agreed 100%. Mud sucks. So does desert dust. It's best to take the time to take care of the ride after every outing. It's amazing how much mud and silt you can bring home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts