Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe Im not searching right but don't seem to be finding anything..but does anyone make a tire cover that only covers the tread? It seems as if I have seen them before, maybe not. I want the wheel to show but have a little protection for the tread.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Something like this?

They're for storage or transport, but it sounds like something you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
This is an interesting question, and maybe something I'd be interested in as well. Subscribed.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something like this?

They're for storage or transport, but it sounds like something you're looking for.
Kind of, it would be heavier material and grab around the sidewall a lot less, only an inch or two, but your pic is the right concept

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Agreed. The construction would have to be a bit stouter to handle exposure to the elements. I imagine there would have to be drainage holes at the bottom for rian water.
Personally I was thinking of something that would cover nearly all the sidwall as well. May as well protect all the rubber from UV light.

The covers pictured above would be fine for garage storage, but would fall to pieces after a while outdoors on the back of a truck. Basic concept is solid though. Thanks Fjamming for the input.:bigthumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts