Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I just published a project I have been working on for a number of months. Its is an drawer system for my FJ. The entire CAD model is available as a STEP file as well as all the PCB design files. It incorporates 2 open source PCB's (KiCad) I designed which allows for a very compact electrical distribution system. There is a full assembly pdf which contains photos of the build.

The project can be found at
GitHub - vicente-da-silva/PowerDepot: Using Power Depot Distribution PCBs in a FJ Cruiser Overlanding Build

Would be interested in any feedback.

Thanks
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car Trunk

Vehicle Gas Audio equipment Machine Auto part

Rectangle Tints and shades Magenta Art Pattern

Rectangle Slope Parallel Pattern Electric blue

·
Premium Member
2008 Sandstorm Automatic Upgrade Package II
1,126 Posts
Hello

I just published a project I have been working on for a number of months. Its is an drawer system for my FJ. The entire CAD model is available as a STEP file as well as all the PCB design files. It incorporates 2 open source PCB's (KiCad) I designed which allows for a very compact electrical distribution system. There is a full assembly pdf which contains photos of the build.

The project can be found at
GitHub - vicente-da-silva/PowerDepot: Using Power Depot Distribution PCBs in a FJ Cruiser Overlanding Build

Would be interested in any feedback.

Thanks
View attachment 1189061
View attachment 1189060
View attachment 1189059
View attachment 1189058
Is the refrigerator mounted on a slide? This is such a different approach than most others for rear storage. It is really thinking outside the box approach.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, no slide, the refrigerator is accessible from the inside of the vehicle without taking it out, not ideal but it works. One of the goals was to be as compact and light weight as possible, there would be no space to mount a slide in that location, the fridge fits with millimeters to spare, and the shape of the door on the left would prevent it sliding out. With the FJ's limited cargo area some compromises needed to be made. Also most of the slides weigh in excess of 10kg. Maybe if I moved the fridge area to the right (mirroring the frame, and tweaking some sizes, and accepting the weight penalty) of the vehicle? Something to think about for version 2...:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts