Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,328 Posts
It is a wonderful design, and I am willing to try it with your permission plz .
Can you send the cad drawings to [email protected] ?
:smile
I'd second that... looks great, I'd like to get something made here in the UK as to ship a mount or bumper from the US is so expensive.

Thank you for sharing, would love the drawing too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking very good. this is only one topic i can find with "open" winch bracket project. I'm glad to buy it officialy from Locust or similar but logistic to Kazakhstan is very high and much easily to build it here. Can i ask the owner of this idea, dear Mikevd, send me a CAD file to email ? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing you knowledge and measurements! I am designing a bumper as well. But I don't have enough time to take the factory bumper on and off for measurements as it's my daily driver. I was painfully doing measurements through the small gaps. But with your info it makes my life much easier. Here is what I have so far. (And yes, I am obsessed with holes lol)

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you so much for sharing you knowledge and measurements! I am designing a bumper as well. But I don't have enough time to take the factory bumper on and off for measurements as it's my daily driver. I was painfully doing measurements through the small gaps. But with your info it makes my life much easier. Here is what I have so far. (And yes, I am obsessed with holes lol)
Those are impressive 3d drafting skills. Looks like a solid bumper. It's also going to weigh at least double of my setup. You might want to consider adding some mounting bolts behind the Original crumple zone attachment point (the two times 4 bolts), as this plate is only about 3mm thick. Google for the ARB Bull bar fitting instructions to have an idea of the additional mounting bolt positions.

Good luck with the fabrication of your bar.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,328 Posts
That looks great. How about starting a separate thread so we can follow your progress.

·
Registered
693 Posts
That looks great. How about starting a separate thread so we can follow your progress.
Thanks. I'll start a build thread once I have more covered. I have been doing lots of FEA to optimize the frame mount lately (whenever i have some free time for myself). The structural architecture looks very different now. I will share my experience in my build.

·
Desert Moderator
6,230 Posts

·
Desert Moderator
6,230 Posts

·
Desert Moderator
6,230 Posts
Download from https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=626A305AE54AD5E4!147552

Let me know if the link is bad

Below message is from the original author:

The cad file is in 2007 format, so should be easy to open in earlier versions of autocad.
If you make any improvements, please post them in the same thread.

·
Desert Moderator
6,230 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for you advice however, i did read the entire thread and the download didnt work as i dont have the appropriate program to open the file this is why i asked. Thanks again.

·
Desert Moderator
6,230 Posts
Thanks for you advice however, i did read the entire thread and the download didnt work as i dont have the appropriate program to open the file this is why i asked. Thanks again.
It's an autocad drawing you need a DWG viewer - emailing it to you won't help. View it at https://a360.autodesk.com/viewer just follow the instructions - drag & drop the file onto the bit that says drag & drop here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Greetings, congrats on your design,a concern to me about winches is having it anchor to the chassis,and this one keeps the stocking look.
Thanks 4 sharing!!!

Enviado do meu GT-N7100 através de Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 81 Posts