Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my fj was on steel rims 17”x8.5 with 1.5” spacers. I decided to buy new rims.
went with a 17”x9”-12 offset. No spacers. My question for you guys is that I’m having buyers remorse. The wheels were ready last night around 8 pm. It was dark. Didn’t really get a good visual how they looked on the fj.
So this morning when leaving for work in daylight I got a better look and I’m not sure if I like them. I’m told I could take them back and order new ones. Will find out here when I leave work. What do you guys think. The two photos I have were taken last night. Thank you for your Opinions.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Gotta see the entire vehicle (daylight photo under natural lighting) to get a feel for 'compatibility' ... do you have any other externally visible mods, or just a dead-stock Iceberg?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotta see the entire vehicle (daylight photo under natural lighting) to get a feel for 'compatibility' ... do you have any other externally visible mods, or just a dead-stock Iceberg?
I’ll post some more pics after work. It’s on a 3” lift. Aftermarket steel bumper (no brand) with an xrc winch, rear aftermarket steel bumper as well. That’s it I just purchased the fj a month ago. That’s what it came with. Was having issues with ride quality due to spacers and bent rims. So I was qwk to upgrade

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3”lift on bfg ko2, aftermarket steel bumper.front and back(no brand) with xrc winch. I believe everything else is stock. The wheels are KMC dirty Harry’s.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think they look pretty good compared with some other wheels out there.
Feathering in some bronze paint over the middle of wheel could brighten the wheel some
and balance out the contrast of the white vehicle and black wheels/tires.

·
Registered
480 Posts
This is one of those cosmetic issues. 10 different people can have 10 different opinions. Your opinion is the only one that counts. I'll offer this. If you don't like them now, you're not going to like them as time goes on. If you've been given the opportunity to exchange them, do it.

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams #181/2500<>< <*((^(((><
204 Posts
Not a bad look. It is hard to tell but you may be able to swap out the trim rings with a different color?

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

1 - 10 of 10 Posts