Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

Guys, I need some expert FJ tire advice. I am looking to order tires some point towards the end of the week, and I have narrowed it down to the BFG Mud-Terrain KM2 and the Firestone Destination M/T (both 285/70-17). I am going to do a OME medium lift at the same time. First of all, I have searched the END of the internet and cannot find a treadwear number for the Firestones. If anyone has this data, it would be a MAJOR help (also I seem to have forgotten the KM2's treadwear rating as well)! Secondly, I tried to compare the two tires side by side on Tirerack's website, but there is no numerical ratings for the KM2. So.... what should me do?! I like the looks of the KM2, but its hard to argue with the Firestone being 1st in its category on Tirerack AND being almost $30 cheaper a tire than the KM2. Thanks in advance, this forum is the real deal when i need this stuff answered!!!:king:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Definitely the KM2!!:rocker:

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
FWIW
I would not get the Firestone MTs

Loved mine until I started ripping the Lugs off, the first time they sold me two new tires for $125.00, the next time I ripped at least one lug off of two tires and as many as three on the other two. No help from them the second time around. So I put on some BFG KM2, took them on the same run where I ruined my Destinations the first time, no problems. Can't really do a total comparison because I havent had these in the mud yet. Again I really liked the tire I just kept having problems with the lugs ripping off. Just a note I was rock crawling both times I had problems, air at 16psi.
I know of at least three people who sold theirs because of the lugs getting shredded.

(Your results may vary)

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/wheels-tires/18570-firestone-destination-mt-s-285-70-17-a.html

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...yone-running-firestone-destination-m-t-s.html

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I agree. The BFG KM2's get my vote.:rocker:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts