Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking to purchase a Demello Offroad bumper that I've had my eye on for a while now and I soon plan on ordering it, since they have a pretty decent sale going on which would make the total about $1300. Im looking to get the steel one with the devil eye style. Other than the price, the only other thing that is still holding me back so far is what suspension I should get to accommodate for the added weight. I am currently running stock suspension still and have heard that steel bumpers will make it sag a decent bit. I decided I am going to go with OME to get the look I am going for. I would like to gain a 2-3in lift once this is all done but I'm still not sure what kind of OME kit to go with. Light, medium, or heavy? I was thinking medium because I've heard that the bumper only weighs about 120 pounds and I do plan on getting a winch next year after this is all done. Also, I found that you can get custom OME front coilovers that have a 2.5in lift. I would prefer coilovers over the standard medium kit they have and I don't mind paying a little extra for that. If I were to go with the front coilovers, should I get the 90021 (stock weight) shocks with the 885 coils which are medium load (70-180lbs) or should I also get the 90000 shocks instead? I would prefer the smoother ride but if I have to sacrifice ride a bit just to make it level I am okay with that.

I am open to any other suggestions as well, just not spacers because I do off road about every other weekend right now and it is driven daily. I am pretty new to all of this stuff and am somewhat new to the forums here!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I went with a OME 3" lift with Medium springs all around. I couldn't be happier! :)

BUT, with a steel bumper and winch up front I'd use Heavy springs.

IMHO, you're going to want new adj upper control arms to maintain correct front end alignment too!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts