Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the local GM dealership there is a 2007 MT TRD Special Edition that is for sale. The vehicle is a local one owner and in great condition. I am wondering about the MT. The vehicle was manufactured in 2/2007 and I have heard that 2007 MT FJ's had lots of problems. The vehicle has 61K miles and drives and shifts great. I really like the MT, but don't want to be stuck replacing the transmission or having major problems. Should I skip the vehicle and go find an automatic? I am in the Salt Lake City area so FJ's are abundant. I have negotiated a price of 19.9K. As a side note the vehicle has been pulled behind a motor home across the country several times. Should I be concerned about that?

·
Premium Member
16,570 Posts
Sounds like a nice deal. Low mileage and it drives well, I would jump on it. I have '07 MT and have had no problems to date with it. Good luck in your quest for an FJC! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
welcome.

trans should be ok.

·
Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Are you planning on offroading it? If so, don't get it. You will eventually have the fender bulge issue, and the manual transmission is not as good (it's harder work) for crawling rocks as the automatic.

Unless this is all the FJ you can afford, I'd suggest getting a 2008+ and an automatic. If you're super sold on the black/black color scheme, try the 2011 TT and see if the green is dark enough for you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Check out what Ragnar mentioned, and then... BUY BUY BUY!

But really though, that sounds like an amazing deal. I have an MT equipped '07 and just rolled 92k miles. I freakin' love this beast! And yea, it might be a little bit more challenging when offroading with the clutch, but us MT's also get a better crawl ratio in low. :king:

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
I have an '07 MT FJ with a manufacture date of 03/06. Trans had been flawless no worries.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
That FJ is considered a late build 07. My 07 was built in 1/07 and i have no issues at all.

There are no tranny problems on the MT I'm aware of, just a slight possibility for fender bulge. The MT is all time 4WD too, and a blast to drive. An MT 07 TRD is pretty rare too. They probably only made less than 1000. Do it after a good check over on autocheck, and visual inspection.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Sounds like there isn't much to worry about. I think I'll try to snag it this week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts