·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I ordered them. got them yesterday. tried to install, but I couldn't get the spring clip snapped back into place to retain them. asked OPT7 for help. we will see?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I ordered them. got them yesterday. tried to install, but I couldn't get the spring clip snapped back into place to retain them. asked OPT7 for help. we will see?
Keep us posted. I am looking to get away from HID myself. Tired or replacing ballasts and bulbs.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Update: I got fast response from OPT7, asking for details and pictures of problem. The problem is the LED cooling fan interferes with the wire spring clip I can't get the new bulb with fan locked in. This is the old bulb retained by the clip

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Aren't you supposed to install bulb first then attach fan?
The directions said nothing about removing the fan. Neither did OPT7. if it comes off that would make it easier. i'll check.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Aren't you supposed to install bulb first then attach fan?
By Golly! you are right. The metal flange that locks into the headlight housing is removable and the LED bulb and all just twists to lock.

:rocker:

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
By Golly! you are right. The metal flange that locks into the headlight housing is removable and the LED bulb and all just twists to lock.

:rocker:
Nice work... now lets see 'em. I'm interested in what you think!

·
Registered
114 Posts
They look nice and bright white. Had to loose the rubber covers. I will probably have to adjust them down a little. Pictures later.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was able to install these lights with the rubber boots. They seem like decent lights for the price. I was tired of replacing HiD ballasts. Time will tell how long these last.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The two year warranty hooked me. I replaced a burnt out bulb 4 months ago with a standard 9003 / h4 bulb expecting it to last a few years. but it burnt out last week, so I found this OPT7 with 2 year warranty. I hope they last two years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a pair myself...do you have any pic of the setup on the engine side of the headlight bulb (how it mounts,clips in,what did you do with the LED box & what did you do with the dust covers)...thanks

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
I've had these on mine for about 6 months and they're fantastic.
I was able to keep the rubber boots, and install literally took 5 min per side.

very good colour temp, excellent cut-off, and i've not had one person flash to signal they're being blinded. (even in seattle, where perpetually-offended, passive-aggressiveness is the order of the day)

Only "issue, and it's not really one for me, is that there is very little difference between low and high beams. If it's dark and no oncoming traffic, i have the light bar on, so it's not a thing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just received my OPT7 LED's today. Plan to install them in a little while. Quality seems to be really nice. Hopefully they last.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well disregard the install. Didn't think to check the aftermarket headlights installed by the previous owner. They require an H11 bulb, not H4. Hopefully OPT7 won't give me too much grief to get them exchanged.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts