Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of the last mods i'm doing is a dual battery setup. I cant believe how heavy the yellow top is. 45lbs!!!

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Corey, where di you pick up your battery terminals?

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see some of you are using the Painless kit. I'm undecided between the kit larry sells from Dirty Parts and the painless kit. I want it to be waterproof, and I know that is an option on the painless kit. Is one better than the other? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
I'm almost embarrassed to show mine after seeing Corey's clean install. Check that, I AM embarrassed, so I won't.
I had Cartoy's do mine.
If I had tried it, it would not have turned out so good :D
To cold outside for me to work on it, and they did it in their shop in a few hours.
I may end up covering that ground wire off the battery with some left over wiring loom I have.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have the TRD CAI in there, so I don't know if the painless kit will fit. I know Larry can modify the tray so it can be installed with the CAI.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So can anyone tell me why I should go with one kit over the other? Or are both really good?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
So can anyone tell me why I should go with one kit over the other? Or are both really good?
It's a money thing mostly. Larry's kit has better components (the solenoid for one) but the painless kit for the money gets the job done well. If I had the extra scratch I'd gone with CL's kit. There is nothing wrong with the painless.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Can't say. I just had Larry install his kit at his shop in LA and it works for me. It wasn't cheap, but the cost included labor too. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
It does require some time to put in a kit that is for sure.
I would say it took Cartoy's around 4+ hours to do mine.
There is a lot involved.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts