Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morimoto retrofit

LINK:

Toyota FJ Cruiser ORACLE Halo Kit- LED Headlight Halos for Toyota FJ 2007 2008 2009 2010

I have been talking to another Forum member here about doing these. Wondering if anyone here has any experience with these and any reviews would be great.

My concern is these are a headlight interior mounted light systems and if these things are going to burn out randomly or whatever I may just pass, guess I am looking for some point of views on this set up. I am retrofitting my headlights with some Morimoto's Proj/hid's and while the headlight is opened up, I am looking for a reason to do, or not to do these? I would do the white(6000k) version only, nothing higher in Kelvin rating

awaiting your comments/suggestions...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
im feeling the tails more... thanks for the link... ill try to post my projector diy... i jsut redid them and painted the shrouds black with a chrome housing...

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I'll let you how they will be mounted on my retrofit headligts and rear tail lights.
Though they are on backorder, I'm still waiting for my (front & rear) orders for about a week now. I just got an email that delivery will be delayed for another week.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool :)

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
470 Posts
I do like the tail lights...

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just finished my retrofit from them. It is amazing! If you want any help or tips just shoot me a PM.

Awesome, can you post pics here??

What shrouds did you use, I bought the Gatlins with the angel eyes getting mounted inside them to expose lights through the gatlin shroud.

NDA431 is doing my lights for me, this is the first mod I have ever farmed out, but his work is impeccable and has several of these mods under his belt. I know it isnt that hard but with my limited time and my trust in him, I should get some great lights.

Tell me more about your retro fit, comparisons from OEM to HID, your overall satisfaction with the mod, etc.

I cant wait!!

The Gatlin shrouds

Attachments

·
Registered
671 Posts
Sorry to get back so late. I'm at work but I will try to get some in depth pics/specs/tips up later tonight.

Let me know what questions you guys have. I did quite a bit of research before the retrofit and talked at length with the owner of The Retrofit Source, who happens to have an AG 2010 FJ, so I would be more than happy to assist you guys.

Also, if anyone wants a retrofit outsourced, I would be more than willing to do some.

(Mods: I don't mean to advertise parts or service, so let me know if I need to take the last part to PMs)

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to get back so late. I'm at work but I will try to get some in depth pics/specs/tips up later tonight.

Let me know what questions you guys have. I did quite a bit of research before the retrofit and talked at length with the owner of The Retrofit Source, who happens to have an AG 2010 FJ, so I would be more than happy to assist you guys.

Also, if anyone wants a retrofit outsourced, I would be more than willing to do some.

(Mods: I don't mean to advertise parts or service, so let me know if I need to take the last part to PMs)
Some pics of the whatever you have, install, finished product, etc.

Your personal input on the quality of the materials from retrofit source

How is the light performance compared to your stock set up.

Blow by blow of the install (removing headlight cover, attaching shrouds etc.)

Just info you deem pertinent.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Awesome, can you post pics here??

What shrouds did you use, I bought the Gatlins with the angel eyes getting mounted inside them to expose lights through the gatlin shroud.

NDA431 is doing my lights for me, this is the first mod I have ever farmed out, but his work is impeccable and has several of these mods under his belt. I know it isnt that hard but with my limited time and my trust in him, I should get some great lights.

Tell me more about your retro fit, comparisons from OEM to HID, your overall satisfaction with the mod, etc.

I cant wait!!

The Gatlin shrouds
To mount the Gatling shourd, I used 4 silcone rubber tube to keep the lens centered and prevent it from moving while waiting for the silcone adhessive to cure naturally.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I'll let you how they will be mounted on my retrofit headligts and rear tail lights.
Though they are on backorder, I'm still waiting for my (front & rear) orders for about a week now. I just got an email that delivery will be delayed for another week.
I received the tail light kit today (as the package indicated) but they sent me the 6" diameter halo rings and too big for the FJ tail light assembly. Will test fit them for the front headlights tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I made brackets, attached to the ballast with 2-sided 3M tape and mount them at the radiator side supports.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Here is my mounted ballast with the bracket attached to the radiator right side support.

The same setup on the left side of the radiator support.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is my mounted ballast with the bracket attached to the radiator right side support.

The same setup on the left side of the radiator support.
I didnt want to bother you, but the kit is looking AWESOME, I cannot wait. Headlights will be there today(hopefully). Everything you do and post looks "first rate" I like the gatlin shrouds a lot.

Question, I am not fond of Virginia and their state inspections, so when I receive the finished product, I should be able to hook up a toggle switch for the angel eyes correct? I do not want them wired to the running lights in case VA gives me a hard time about them, I would want full control of when the come on. I would like to install a regular toggle switch to control them: Amazon.com: Daystar KU80011 20 Amp Blue Light Rocker Switch Kit: Automotive

This wont be a problem, correct?

Thanks Nestor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Yes, you can wire them in any way you want. They come with inverters and just extend the wires to reach inside the cabin where you want to mount the switch.

That switch has five blade connectors for (2) source power/illumination, (2) ground, (1) to power the lights.

If the headlights arrives today, I can mount the projector lens/ kit tonight.

I didnt want to bother you, but the kit is looking AWESOME, I cannot wait. Headlights will be there today(hopefully). Everything you do and post looks "first rate" I like the gatlin shrouds a lot.

Question, I am not found of Virginia and their state inspections, so when I receive the finished product, I should be able to hook up a toggle switch for the angel eyes correct? I do not want them wired to the running lights in case VA gives me a hard time about them, I would want full control of when the come on. I would like to install a regular toggle switch to control them: Amazon.com: Daystar KU80011 20 Amp Blue Light Rocker Switch Kit: Automotive

This wont be a problem, correct?

Thanks Nestor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts