Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this very good looking and functional bumper by Orange Boxx. I can't find any one have or comment about this particular one. I only found people have some other style bumper by Orange Boxx.

Just want to hear some comments from people who have this. Weight, build, recovery points and etc. Or just comments people have looking at the pics. I'm currently debating between this or a plate bumper like shrockworks. Any suggestion regarding bumper will be appreciated!

orangeboxx

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
Looks pretty cool, I would prefer a little more bash plate but that's personal preference. But had I seen this one before I may have got this over my demello

·
Registered
526 Posts
Check with some of the guys o the north Carolina fj forum. Several of them have that bumper and can give you some info on it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
If your'e looking for a bumper made completely out of tubing that is by far my favorite. I like it as good as my Demello Baja, although for my needs I liked the flat sheet metal for a portion of the bumper instead of being completely made from tubing.

I'd pull the trigger if I was you. :rocker:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would look to Demello for my bumper needs.

Doc
Yeah..I'm looking at Demello too. Bumper is so hard to choose...
If your'e looking for a bumper made completely out of tubing that is by far my favorite. I like it as good as my Demello Baja, although for my needs I liked the flat sheet metal for a portion of the bumper instead of being completely made from tubing.

I'd pull the trigger if I was you. :rocker:
I like the demello, but just feel it's not quite right for my own taste. For plate bumpers i'm more towards shrockworks or relentless fab, but both have 4 to 6 months of lead time...demello is much faster. The orange boxx is more utilitarian but it's quite expensive with 300 dollars shipping.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I came across this very good looking and functional bumper by Orange Boxx. I can't find any one have or comment about this particular one. I only found people have some other style bumper by Orange Boxx.

Just want to hear some comments from people who have this. Weight, build, recovery points and etc. Or just comments people have looking at the pics. I'm currently debating between this or a plate bumper like shrockworks. Any suggestion regarding bumper will be appreciated!
That thing is great looking. I have the rear door PSD from OrangeBoxxfab. It's a quality piece. They did a custom cut-out for me at no extra charge that really added to it.

On their web site it says that the bumper weighs 98 lbs. on the FJ.

It's a very different look to me than the Demello Baja that some have compared it to. It reminds me more of the Metal Tech tube bumpers. The Orangeboxx version seems to combine the best elements of Metal Tech's bash plate and winch mount versions. I personally really like the stinger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts