Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys...

Well, this is my first post. I stumbled across the forum while searching for information about the FJ Cruiser. I work for Toyota as an instrumentation engineer at the NA headquarters (I do dyno testing, engine work, etc). I pulled this off one of the servers that allows employees to get cars (usually at an excellent discount)...so it's not confidential, but figured some may be interested. I'm working with one the ladies in Vehicle Services (admin side) to get more details about pricing, etc. I can't post any confidential stuff or design related info...but I can find information. It's stange, the engineering side and sales side of Toyota sometimes seem to have a big disconnect / gap. I'm really interested in owning one of these, but since Japan (versus NA) is doing a majority of the work, it's been hard to get a scoop of what's going on. Anyhow, take care...headed off to vacation soon. :cool: - Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Don't get yourself into trouble. Toyota is watching our site regularly. BUT THANK YOU for your information. Stop in and be a part of the fun. We will be happy to have you!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Trouble hell. Were's the damn pricing info? We want prices.
Vacation hell. We have an excellent witness protection program.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pancho - I was dissapointed when I pulled that up and there was no prices. I'll keep checking. I've heard 27k loaded from people around work. That's about all :confused:

Percy - I've given those sheets to relatives as I can get them discounts. There won't be anything remotely secret posted here...just sharing my like for the car. Thanks!

I'm going to check out the dealership here also since they have such a "strong" connection to us. I'm wondering what they know.

Have pictures of all the colors been posted? I think I've seen all but the cherry...

-Jason

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Some of the colors are in the gallery. I don't know if they are all there, but I think we have most of them covered. The hard one is the black cherry because it looks different in different lighting most of the members who have seen it in person say it is too purple.

Great info either way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought black had been posted? Someone had pictures of a video playing at SEMA that showed a black one (with black roof I think) driving around...?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi y'all! I've been visiting this website for months...quite interesting. I noticed however on the detail sheet that there is no Titanium on the colors section. Is the "Silver/ME" the same as the Titanium?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for the post. Nothing really new there but nice to confirm what others have posted. I recognize all but three codes listed on the sheets. In the conflicts column the running boards (we're still not sure if these are the rock sliders or not) hava a conflict with R1 and 5L; what are those? Also, the upgrade packages conflict with WZ; what's that? Are these secret, yet to be released packages or maybe codes for some of the accessories?

Jason (looks like I might need a unique sig - there are getting to be a few of us :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
genevecute said:
Hi y'all! I've been visiting this website for months...quite interesting. I noticed however on the detail sheet that there is no Titanium on the colors section. Is the "Silver/ME" the same as the Titanium?
Welcome! Yep, Silver Metallic. I guess Titanium Silver is taken by BMW.

Jason

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nosaj - DITTO OTHERS! Thanks for the post and keep them coming...

For what it is worth, I just priced a 2006 Honda Element EX-P AWD (their top of the line) on a Edmunds dealer referal and promptly got back a $1,600 discount off the $22,875 sticker. I was pleasantly surprised at that amount of discount on a new 2006 "P"ainted sides model. Granted, it's no FJC when it comes to off-road ability, but they sure got the utility right! (seats fold flat and come out, tailgate in back, room to sleep, moon/sunroof over back, auto up&down windows, etc... VERY NICE STANDARD EX PACKAGE).

Pricing of the FJC is the maker or breaker for me. Loaded Out-The-Door for $30K or less, otherwise I'm walking. I'll always have the killer IHC 4x4 Travelall to do serious wheeling in should I get priced out and have to settle for less as a daily driver.

I'd rather have the FJC for daily driving and wheeling, but... WHERE ARE THE PRICES???

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
genevecute said:
The silver is the Titanium apparantly the name "titanium" was taken by BMW. Welcome to the fun.

For some reason I get the feeling you're female, is that a correct guess?

If so, what makes you like the FJ? Not that it is for boys only, but I am curious as to what about the FJ is drawing you to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Percy said:
The silver is the Titanium apparantly the name "titanium" was taken by BMW. Welcome to the fun.

For some reason I get the feeling you're female, is that a correct guess?

If so, what makes you like the FJ? Not that it is for boys only, but I am curious as to what about the FJ is drawing you to it.
hehe. yep. i am female. i've always liked SUVs.... I like to be the "maN" when driving.... the FJC I think is just perfect for me...not too big, not too bulky, not too expensive (i hope).....too bad there aren't any off-road trails down here..... ;)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
genevecute said:
hehe. yep. i am female. i've always liked SUVs.... I like to be the "maN" when driving.... the FJC I think is just perfect for me...not too big, not too bulky, not too expensive (i hope).....too bad there aren't any off-road trails down here..... ;)

Head towards Arlington, trails all over just outside of the metroplex.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You might want to check your geography Percy. Edinburg is at the southern portion of Texas and I think that drive to Arlington would be far less thrilling then a drive south through Mexico.

Quite possibly our first female poster(of course not including mpd and Doc lol)...welcome to the forum Genevecute.

·
Registered
378 Posts
genevecute said:
Just wanted to welcome you to the forums !! it will be nice to get a differenent perspective on the Fj. ;)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
csherrill said:
You might want to check your geography Percy. Edinburg is at the southern portion of Texas and I think that drive to Arlington would be far less thrilling then a drive south through Mexico.

Quite possibly our first female poster(of course not including mpd and Doc lol)...welcome to the forum Genevecute.

Well hell, I thought I was doin' good because I got the right state! What do you expect for a state the size of a country?

If you want a thrill - yeah I imagine driving a brand new car through a third world country might really be thrilling - might also be the worst idea you have ever had.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you want a thrill - yeah I imagine driving a brand new car through a third world country might really be thrilling - might also be the worst idea you have ever had.[/QUOTE]

Hey speaking of that,
Have you guys checked out "From Dust To Glory" yet?
Excellent documentary about the Baja 1000. Makes me wanna drive to Ensenada....really fast.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts