Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Not to discourage you, but on the 4th of July? PCH 101 will be like a LA Freeway during rush hour...all day and night long. I read an article last year that it was rated the most congested highway in America on that holiday. I stay well away from the coast on Memorial Day, the 4th of July and Labor Day :)

Also, the 'haystack" rock at Cannon Beach is one of many "haystack" rocks on the Oregon coast. The largest is actually just offshore of Pacific City...

Tillamook is a nice place to pass through, but isn't a destination (other than the cheese factory & markets, which are a great stop). When the wind is just right, you will love the by-products of the cheese production process :)

But I am dwelling on some of the negatives here. The Oregon coast is beautiful and has many, many wonderful places to visit and spend some time at. You just might want to rethink when to do it. If you don't have reservations at this point, you may find it very difficult to get them for this year.

·
Registered
816 Posts
We already have reservations.

I know, I'd rather go in October, but our schedule only allows us to travel on the 4th of July.

We're expecting crowds.

I've been to Yellowstone on the 4th of July. Couldn't be worse than that.

Could it?
I guess you'll find out :) This could be the year that everyone is fed up with traffic and stays home (well except for Bored Clerks :)

Combined with high fule costs, it may not be so bad this year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.