Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 SAS
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got back from the Oregon Dunes.... The FJ did great out there. We saw a old style Bronco with a big block and 4 paddle tires go up this hill catching a crapload of air. I then tried and was amazed I even made it up no less catch some mini-air. And no fender bulges. :rocker:

·
Registered
2007 SAS
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2007 SAS
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha, nice video. We usually go to Sand Lake area, awesome place. Where exactly did you go?

We stayed at the "Oregon Dunes KOA" just off Hauser road north of Coo's.

This dune was just south of "Razorback". We went there with 3 honda pilot odessys and my CR250. We blew 2 of the pilot motors and eventually broke my bike. Then we rented 2 Polaris RZR's for a day and had a blast. And ended up running my FJ out to recover one at the bottom of a huge tree island death chute. As I winched the RZR out, a guy walked up asking for a recovery attempt for his Quad. He had walked about 45 minutes before he found me. His Quad was down the steepest chute I've ever seen and stuck in some marshland at the bottom. I helped him get out of the marsh and he made it about 30ft up the hill riding it out. Then it took 90ft of winch cable, a 30ft recovery strap, a 6ft tree saver strap and another 8ft tow strap that was in one of the RZR's. The guy was REALLY screwed.... But the FJ and 9.5XP Warn pulled him up. :clap:

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
You are a brave man catching air like that:)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Nice!!!! :bigthumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts