Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the Trail Teams badge I bought from eBay is a replica. Here are some quick pics, real TT badge is on the left, replica on the right.

The yellow color is different and the TOYOTA text is fatter on the replica. (The color difference is more dramatic but is hidden by the glare of the flash.) One other difference is that the original badge has a slight bow to it, where the replica is flat.

The mount points are taller on the replica.

The replica badge is thinner(hard to see in this pic) and lighter. The original is beefier. You can see the larger mount points here on the replica.

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Re: Fake Trail Team Badges

Maybe they're from different batches?

Who knows what manufacturers these badges have been outsourced to.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

It was my understanding that there were no TT badges available after 2008. The only way to get one was to buy it from someone who got one from a TT event. Now all of the sudden in 2011 some one finds a box full and they are on eBay? Unlikely. These are knock-offs.

·
Registered
173 Posts
That's still a pretty good knock-off...I'd take one..

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I got mine at an official event!
And I got the 3 of mine from people who got them from an official event! :rofl:

I'm not saying it's wrong to buy a fake, I just want people to know that they are buying a knock-off.

·
Registered
470 Posts

Maybe they're from different batches?
That's what I'm thinking too. I just bought one from someone and the pics look the same as the fake one, i still think they are cool (FAKE OR NOT) Mine is arriving tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts

Clear coat the heck out of them folks. I cleared mine only twice and the paint is all gone now. It took two year mind you. LOL....It doesn't look bad in all chrome....lmao

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

Unbelievable. The left one does look better.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

And I got the 3 of mine from people who got them from an official event! :rofl:

I'm not saying it's wrong to by a fake, I just want people to know that they are buying a knock-off.
so now you have 3 authentic badges and one fake from ebay.. why? :lol:

I'll buy the fake one if you're interested :lol: :cheers:

·
NWFJCC Moderator
2,803 Posts

It was my understanding that there were no TT badges available after 2007. The only way to get one was to buy it from someone who got one from a TT event. Now all of the sudden in 2011 some one finds a box full and they are on eBay? Unlikely. These are knock-offs.
2008 was the year they were handed out by Trail Team Members. The last of the last in July of 2008. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

so now you have 3 authentic badges and one fake from ebay.. why? :lol:

I'll buy the fake one if you're interested :lol: :cheers:
I was thinking about putting two of them in the back up by the SS doors and of course one on the grill.

If you want one of the fake ones, someone has a whole box of them in the 4 sale section for less than what I payed on eBay.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts

Just to potentially help safe guard some of us from the future, who was selling them? I would be willing to bet he has more, and is selling them at a raised price for profit. I didn't look at his SN, but I did check it out after I read this thread, earlier, is it the guy selling them for about $150 and it does say no returns on there?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts