Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lots of trucks around is there no club for us?
Be good to find others for buy/sell/swap parts....not partners like some other groups lmao.

I'm the CATPAD truck in town.

Farmer

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey! I know the FJ Ontario site has it's problems right now but don't give up on it yet!:mecry::rofl:

FJ Ontario Forum

I belong to both sites as well. Lots of good info and contacts.

We're making a trip to Mattawa for the long weekend. Staying a Samuel deChamplain Provincial Park. We plan on running Vmuts.

Cheers,:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
Our site in Quebec is very active we went to Rausch Creek with the Northeastern gang this easter, it was a blast. We have a 5 day event this weekend ( 18-22 of May ) in Tremblant, and alot of other trails planed. The site is mainly French but we are all bilingual, so there is no problem posting in English we are a very open group. Come see us.

Club / Forum FJOffRoadQc.com or www.toyotaoffroadqc.com

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tried to register on the ontario FJ site, no security code came up so I couldn't complete registration. Is anyone still using the site? Any updated news? Getting a new FJ tommorow, so looking to meet up with some fellow off roaders in eastern Ontario region:cheers:

·
Registered
497 Posts
the FJCO site is pretty much toast :( SONTT is your best bet.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm in Ottawa. I also do OVO runs. I met another guy with an FJ from Cornwall on an ovo run too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in Ottawa. I don't do any offroading with the FJ though. For many years I was a member of OVO (Ottawa Valley Offroaders), starting back around 1996. I'm not sure what the club is like theses days but it was fun back then, lots of organized runs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lots of trucks around is there no club for us?
Be good to find others for buy/sell/swap parts....not partners like some other groups lmao.

I'm the CATPAD truck in town.

Farmer
hey man i think you pulled in behind me at a gas station one day, you were asking about my procomp tires.
I just got hooked up on the forum
See you around!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Does anyone have a suggestion on a particular place in Ottawa, where I can run the FJ ? Checking out OVO, but not much post about any trails. I guess have to register inorder to read any post.

·
Registered
296 Posts
OVO has a database of trails for paid members only. Plus we don't do runs during hunting season to keep the hunters happy. Apparently there's always an attempt to a winter run but doesn't always succeed. We're basically shut dow until the Carp safety run next year. I know it sucks but we have to share the crown land with hunters. PM me here or on ovo if you have any more question. I need to make friends with someone who works in a quarry do arrange some fall runs or something.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does anyone have a suggestion on a particular place in Ottawa, where I can run the FJ ? Checking out OVO, but not much post about any trails. I guess have to register inorder to read any post.
wouldn't mind a heads up on this myself

·
Registered
497 Posts
just so you guys know, the wheeling season in Ontario is now over. pretty much all the trails are closed to 4x4 and ATVs to let the snowmobilers prep for their upcoming season.

i would suggest getting a membership with OF4WD (see the link in my sig) to stay up to date with trail conditions and closures. also feel free to come over to SONTT for a more local feel :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes I realize this is an old thread but I just "upgraded" from an HJ60 to a new(er) Voodoo Blue FJ in Ottawa. Looking forward to seeing you guys around!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Guys, any ottawa groups alive????

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old thread, but worth a shot.

I bought a 2007 FJ Cruiser at the end of June this year.
It has 170K km, no rust (Krowned every couple of years), roof rack, dash mount compass, etc. It is yellow with white roof.

Just yesterday I saw two burgundy, one all-dark blue, one light blue/white top and a silver one with big black aftermarket wheels.

Is anyone still on this forum or has the FB groups taken everyone's attention?

I also have a 2013 Scion FR-S (heavily modded) and a stock 2013 Yaris LE :)
I haven't got used to the fuel consumption of the FJ and the size and weight is a new experience for me also.

Anyway, I hope to make some minor mods (LED headlights, mirror light LED upgrade, 50" curved LED light bar for the roof and a dog cage/barrier for a 170lb huge Great Dane that's in the family). I'll also swap out the stock HU in the FR-S to replace the FJammer system someday too.

If you see a Yellow FJ around the Barrhaven area, wave and I'll wave back :)

Cheers,
Ken

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ken

There's a surprising number of FJ's around once you have one . lol
I also purchased a 07 at the end of last year.........to replace the spot my BJ70 used to park in from a few years back.

OVO is still active somewhat, but not sure on the website. I was a member for a few years a good while back now.
Also a member a good while back of the True North Toyota LandCruisers.

There is actually a 5pg arcticle of the spring fling, this past may in the 4WDrive magazine. (have not seen it yet...).

I was not there, but have friends who were. Check out the arcticle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts