Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we decided to pay "The Mob" to get the FJ registered here in Germany rather than deal with the headache ourselves....

$2,000 Euros

That's a lot of US dollars. Yep, that's a lot of potential mods.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
$3,133.28 to be exact...for registration! Do you get lifetime protection for that?:lol:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$3,133.28 to be exact...for registration! Do you get lifetime protection for that?:lol:
thanks for the calculation. :lol:

Man, I am SO wishing I had just put it in storage and got myself a nice Land Rover Defender while here! I am NOT kidding. I have already posted about drooling over the Defenders here...

I should have done more research, huh? I just so wanted my FJ over here!

Ah well, at least our rent is being paid for. ;)

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This company ("the mob") imports US cars. My husband just said let's let them buy the FJ and then we buy me the Defender

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

should I do it? should I huh HUH HUH HUH??!!!

:rofl:

somebody STOP ME!
Land Rover UK - Overview

ahhhh.... decisions. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn the dollar sucks!

Sorry to hear about that VDB :(

thanks Dom. But there may be a sort of happy ending... see above posts about maybe buying a Defender instead. Be sure to play some 007 music whilst the video rolls... :lol:

And if I can't bring the Defender back to the States (as of now, you cannot), then I will just have to buy another FJ when I get back. :D Maybe by then there will be a GREEN one!

·
Registered
235 Posts
i agree the Defenders are way nice over here. There is a dark green one here in Bitburg....i drool every time i see it. Diesel is the way to go over here.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i agree the Defenders are way nice over here. There is a dark green one here in Bitburg....i drool every time i see it. Diesel is the way to go over here.
So what would you do?? ;)

That figure is for everything... making all the necessary changes to get it up to spec here... but ACK, it's a lot of money!

I love my FJ, but boy have I been drooling over the Defenders. And yes, I do like diesel. I drove an old diesel Benz for about 20 years before I bought the FJ. ;) Apparently the only reason the Defender can't be brought back is the lack of air bags. I wonder if some company could install them??...

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you can sell the FJ, try the free base papers on all of the bases here, or try to sell it to a German, they pay the German Taxes!! Then get yo self a Defender!! The newer Fj will get better over time....

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
How you liking germany, What are the pluses and minus's? Sorry i got off topic but was curious. Will they pay pretty good for the fj in germany? If so it may be defender time!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How you liking germany, What are the pluses and minus's? Sorry i got off topic but was curious. Will they pay pretty good for the fj in germany? If so it may be defender time!
I'm not loving Germany... do you really want to know why? It's kind of a long list. ;) First on the list is the bad weather and the unfriendly people. Then is just sorts of spirals downward from there.... But hey, the bread is REALLY good. :lol:

So I can't believe that I am going to say this, but as much as I'd like the Defender (and my cheapo husband actually approved!!!!! :shock:), I don't think I'm going to go for it. It just doesn't make a lot of sense. GOD I am such a good wifey... :lol:

:cry:

(plus, I would miss my FJ too much! :D)

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
The Defender would have been an easier choice to make if you had not already spent the green-backs to register the FJ(assuming this isn't transferrable).

If you really like to Defenders, you can snag a sweet used one for $25-30K when you get back to your homeland. :lol:

You'd better just go ahead and send the FJ back here. I have room in the garage for it and you can just swing by and pick it up for a long drive back to SanFran when you return. :lol:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Spend money on yourself. Don't skimp. Your hubby will have to be understanding, it is his penance for the whole Germany move. As I see it, he owes you quite a bit of "Eat sh%t and act like you enjoy". Like 3 years worth. As for the Germany, feel free to act like an obnoxious American. Taste of their own medicine, IMO. Can't tell you how annoying they made a trip of mine once, drinking wine, slurring, and being rude. I wanted to throw them off the plane. Germans suck, with the exception of your husband of course. As for the FJ, keep it, and be unique(not hard to do in Germany). Take care, and don't lose your mind, there is always more wine to keep you happy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts