Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marlene and I have been looking for another small dog to keep our dog Paco company. We found our dog via Craiglist. She is a rescue dog from the humane shelter being housed by a foster house. As soon as we saw the picture we knew she was the one. She is 4 months old and a mutt.

We had to travel to Belfair to pick her up and wouldn't you know she just happened to be next to Tahuya! So we pick her up and hit the trails. This is where she hung out most of the time and she crawled up there herself.

This was on the trail and it did not appear to bug her at all unlike are German Shepard Lab mix Paco.

When she was not on Marlene's shoulders she was trying to see out the window. We now have a 4x4 friendly dog!

We ventured down to mud lake. The trails were very dry and not to hard to navigate. I only had to engage the locker twice. At mud lake we all got out and then I had to play a bit.

After we reached the paved road we had decided on the name Lupe and Lupe crashed out!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Good story about your adoption and nice pics. Congrats on your dog. Ours are rescues as well. We also foster and work with shelter dogs.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Very cool....... Looks like you are training him right!!!!

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone!

Congratulations on the new addition! Looks like you, Marlene and the dogs had a nice time at Tahuya. Hopefully we can get on the trail together soon and we can have a puppy play day! ;-)

-- Paul
Seriousactualist we want to go out to Naches area again as soon as the the 410 pass opens. We had so much fun out there the last time. Cutting the travel time in half would make it even better. We should be able to get to Moon Rock and Funny Rock this time.

This is from the WSDOT site "SR 410 (Chinook Pass) remains closed. The new target date to open is June 5, 2008"

We might head out there on Friday June 20th and camp. We could run the trails all day on saturday. We might even camp again on Saturday night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts