Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is our first summit - but everything I have read Ouray opens their arms and embraces the FJ family (even though were not a Jeep!). Any interest or thoughts as to taking a collection to leave a lasting remembrance of the 2008 Summit. Maybe a park bench? Planter downtown?...vetrans any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Excellent call!. I'll definitely contribute. If there is enough support, might be good to contact the city hall and find out how we might be able to do something nice for the community.

The other gift we can give is one of harmony with the community in terms of not driving drunk, not acting like a$$hats, not littering, picking up trash and garbage wherever we go to leave it cleaner than it was before, and generally being good citizens.

Thanks for the suggestion!. Again, I'm definitely in on this if you can pull it together. I'd even offer to help but I'm incredibly busy with a number of things right now and don't feel like I could do this effort any justice in terms of marketing and time.

Mike

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Part of the money for the Summit that the members give go to local services in the town of Ouray. Jason or Tim will be better to expand upon this. I believe money goes to Police, Fire, Rescue Services, along with some other areas in town. This is why they welcome us with open arms. They are a great group of people in town. The Police chief helped with the raffle along with Mayor that made July 14th Offical Toyota FJ Cruiser Day in the Town of Ouray. :)

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Part of the money for the Summit that the members give go to local services in the town of Ouray. Jason or Tim will be better to expand upon this. I believe money goes to Police, Fire, Rescue Services, along with some other areas in town. This is why they welcome us with open arms. They are a great group of people in town. The Police chief helped with the raffle along with Mayor that made July 14th Offical Toyota FJ Cruiser Day in the Town of Ouray. :)
werent they selling bricks for a hundred bucks last year to build the fire station?

·
Registered
4,149 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
FJSummit.org is structured as a non profit and is actively making contibutions of your dollars to local Ouray beneficiaries.

Last year FJSummit.org bought a brick at Ouray Mountain Rescue ( actually quite a few bricks, one will have our name on it) and made contributions to Ouray Police fund. We also supported Ourays Chamber with much business for the local economy. This year we have joined as a Silver sponsor to Tread Lightly as well.

We will be making contributions to several Ouray beneficiaries this year one evening at the FJSummit.

Thanks Ouray! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
The summit gives out some money I think. Buy stuff at the local stores, eat at local places, etc. Turn the music down when driving thru town!

And yes, buy a shirt or a brick from Ouray Mountain Rescue. They had last year a 1950s vintage military truck to haul their gear in. I sometimes see them during training, great people!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am happy to hear the besides a spike in the local economy we are making a lasting impression....so how many more years before it will be called the "FJ capital of the world" instead of Jeep this and Jeep that....:clap:
Nice work Summit masters - I can't wait to go! We need a count down clock!

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Indeed. I love that little town.
I thought of this idea too and found this thread about it before posting something on my own.

I have friends there and I know it would mean a lot to them to see something like that.

From the responses, it sounds like we're covered for this idea in lots of other ways, but if something comes together along the lines you suggested here, I'm in.

steven

1 - 10 of 10 Posts