Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just reserved my room at Matterhorn Ouray

$90/night

Best Western and others close to BW were $176/night min.

Matterhorn is two blocks down, I think Antlers is $85/night and

several more blocks away.

HOLD OFF ON THIS HOTEL!!, I May have just found some issues with it, will update when I know more.

UPDATE 2:

NO A/C, repeat NOOO A/C in the rooms, and no wireless internet. Game Over!

·
Registered
538 Posts
In my experience the BW Twin Peaks, the Box Canyon Lodge and the Victorian Inn are the best reasonably priced properties in town.

Most rooms in Ouray typically have not had A/C, as being a high altitude mountain town, the temp usually drops about 20 - 25ºF at night.

·
Registered
493 Posts
In my experience the BW Twin Peaks, the hotel to the west and the Victorian Inn are the best reasonably priced properties in town.

Most rooms in Ouray typically have not had A/C, as being a high altitude mountain town, the temp usually drops about 20 - 25ºF at night.
This^^^ :bigthumb:

Ouray is at about 7,800 ft. There is no humidity there, and temps can be
low 40's to upper 30's at night, even in July.

The average maximum temp for July from 1948 to 2005 is 78.5 Deg.
The average minimum temp for July from 1948 to 2005 is 51.2 Deg.

I wouldn't let the lack of AC be a deal breaker or an issue with staying there.

KyFJGuy

·
Registered
538 Posts
The only time I ever really needed AC in Ouray is when coming back to the room during the day.

At night you generally want that nice, clean (seriously!) mountain air anyway.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Last year the temps were in the mid 50's usually 54-56 every morning, no need for AC! I stayed at the Timber Ridge Lodge, it is on the other side of town, next to the Hot Springs but was $60.00 a night. Nothing fancy, large room, tv, large bathroom, comfy bed. Staying there again this year.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I like the Victorian. Close enough to stumble back too after the rowdyness, but you still have a parking spot, unlike most of the Best western, usually people parking sideways to show off thier rigs n stuff or vendor vehicles loaded with gear.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
37,828 Posts
I've stayed at the Best Western one night and it was nice, not at Summit so it was a bit cheaper.

During the Summit two years I stayed at the Timber Ridge Lodge. Nice place and they do have some rooms with wireless or you can sit on one of the benches out front at the north end and pick it up. You can also get it in the parking lot on that end. It's also right next to the gas station too.

I've stayed a couple of times other than the Summit at the Ridgway Lodge 10 miles north of Ouray and it is a nice place too. It's just off of the main intersection and down from a gas station/store and car wash.

Here is the web site for Ouray.

Ouray Colorado :: Home

Here's the section for lodging. It's for Motels and Hotels. There are also other sections for camping, B&Bs, homes, and other places.

Ouray Colorado :: Hotels & Motels

1 - 12 of 12 Posts