Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was passing through the area a couple of weeks ago and I snapped some pics so I thought I would share. I was in our company car (never wished I was in the FJ more) so I couldn't get any pics from the trails but I thought I would share some of them anyway.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Great photos!

Thanks for sharing!

cheers,

dale

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
-

It really does look like much more snow than last year -

-

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I have a lot more but it's tough getting a decent pic holding the camera out the window while you drive.

This was my first time there and it must be the most beautiful place I have ever seen. I hope you all have a great time at the Summit.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Thanks guys. I have a lot more but it's tough getting a decent pic holding the camera out the window while you drive.

This was my first time there and it must be the most beautiful place I have ever seen. I hope you all have a great time at the Summit.
Thanks 505FJ! I'm more excited to get there than ever!

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Whenever I see a mountain (or even a rock), I have an uncontrollable urge to climb it.

At the risk of sounding like a freak, even when driving through a civilized town, if there's a large knoll, I want to make a hard turn from pavement and climb it. It's an urge I'm able to resist but Ouray is calling to me.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Whenever I see a mountain (or even a rock), I have an uncontrollable urge to climb it.

At the risk of sounding like a freak, even when driving through a civilized town, if there's a large knoll, I want to make a hard turn from pavement and climb it. It's an urge I'm able to resist but Ouray is calling to me.
I know that feeling. I had to park with one wheel up on the curb today....just had to.

Thanks for the pictures.... I really can not wait for this.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Hell yeah. This was my first time through Ouray and I was in a Dodge Charger:mecry:

and it didn't even have a Hemi:rofl:

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Nice pics, it makes me want to leave right now....I can't wait. :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
505fj, thanks for the pics...you're a better man than I am, I would have turned that Charger into a rally car and gotten her dirty...I wouldn't have had the will power not to stay off a trail while passing through a place like Ouray and I would have told my company that a road went out and had to detour

but like I said...you're a better man than I.

Hope you make it out there one day with the FJ, it's truely a wonderland:clap:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts