Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everybody else is going to Ouray without us. You know the following weeks this Forum will be filled with nothing but gratuitous pictures and lusty-tales of adventures that we are not going to be a part of.

Heck, some of us wanted or planned to go. I had my reservations at Box Canyon in back in November. But hey, things happen--in my case, I'll be taking extended business trips to Chicago just as the Summit kicks off.

So I was thinking about organizing a Ouray Summit pity-party in Chicago where we can all get together, have beers and pizza, take our own pictures and post them after the Summit as well. Then, I thought how about having Regional pity-parties...the more "anti-Summit" pictures and posts the better!. Discuss and organize amongst yourselves.

I'll start off by suggesting our own sticker and t-shirt:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
(but seriously, I hope everybody has a fun and safe time!)

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Nice shirt and sticker:rofl: I like your idea, you should get together and try to out party us Ouray travelers :lol:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Beer and BBQ in CT!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
So everybody else is going to Ouray without us. You know the following weeks this Forum will be filled with nothing but gratuitous pictures and lusty-tales of adventures that we are not going to be a part of.

Heck, some of us wanted or planned to go. I had my reservations at Box Canyon in back in November. But hey, things happen--in my case, I'll be taking extended business trips to Chicago just as the Summit kicks off.

So I was thinking about organizing a Ouray Summit pity-party in Chicago where we can all get together, have beers and pizza, take our own pictures and post them after the Summit as well. Then, I thought how about having Regional pity-parties...the more "anti-Summit" pictures and posts the better!. Discuss and organize amongst yourselves.

I'll start off by suggesting our own sticker and t-shirt:
You are in TX, just drive up there !

:)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Be sure to bring your mini-FJ models to be used as voodoo dolls for the FJ's on Ouray (you know, rip a bumper endcap off, break a tire bead, break a windshield wiper, other minor carnage...)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Man, I am in Dallas/Fort Worth and its still 14 hours to Ouray... Driving solo wife decided not to do it then turn around and drive to Destin FL (another 14 hours-kids vacation)... I'm sure that I will be bi*ching about it but as they say "If a Marine isn't bi*ching, he isn't happy!"

·
Premium Member
3,445 Posts
That t-shirt is some funny arse stuff. I will post up some pics that weekend as my lame arse ins't going either. Dam, wish I was, but I'm hard pressed at this moment in my life to go on a vacation without the kids and 2, 12 hour days each way with the kids is just a little too much. Spending 4 out of 7 days of vacation driving like a madman and then spending more time in the truck once we got there, I would need another vacation when I got back. It really needs to be a two week trip for me, and then the cost starts to get high, especially when you take into account the lost wages (I'm self employed).

I will be thinking of you all and posting my Ouray Pity-Party shots for you guys, I'm sure you'll be posting your pics too. Have great time guys!!:)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Was going to go to Ouray but I am flying back east to NC instead...Camp Lejuene to be exact...got a chance to spend the week with my brother while he has some leave....Ouray sounds fun...but a week with my brother is going to be 10 times funner...

....plus...living here in Utah I have Moab a couple hours away...and like my sig. says "Eastward I go by force"...only this time, no force will be needed to make me go, just family....

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I'll be in the same boat as you all next year. Only 3-4 hours from home this year.

Next year, well I might be crying in my beer sitting home alone :boohoo:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This thread makes me want to cry....:(

I wish ALL of you could be there. :)
Thanks T2 for all your pictures and assistance with directions, etc... The pics from your Ouray of the Day is what sold my family on the trip When I called Box Canyon, my heart felt like it was being ripped out, which told me how much I really wanted to go. Now that I read the Ouray activity guide, I feel like caling in sick to work and just loading up and go!

We'll take a quick trip to Corpus or something before summer's out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts