Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea I am going to the Summit!!!
Now I would like to get some info from the Ouray experts. I am getting my sliders on I hope next week and want to know what else I should prepare for. From the looks of it I could go crazy with all the protection availble. I am thinking that an Elocker skid is vital and will probably be doing some HD skid work butis anything else needed?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Made it all the way through last year with the factory rock rails and bought Bud's skids while we were there.

You'll be fine with rock rails and good tires, anything extra is just better.

MOAB sidetrip

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
There are only a couple of places a totally stock vehicle would not go and I think that would depend on the driver.

This is not a tough place to wheel. You can make it that way, but none of the scheduled trails require anything special that I am aware of.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
There are only a couple of places a totally stock vehicle would not go and I think that would depend on the driver.

This is not a tough place to wheel. You can make it that way, but none of the scheduled trails require anything special that I am aware of.
Ya, what he/she said!

Did Black Bear last year stock. I did bend the pass side factory side step a bit. With sliders you'll be fine.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys/gals

1 - 5 of 5 Posts