Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! We drove through Ouray today and I thought I would post some findings. The temp was 82, very warm for Ouray. Gas at the Conoco was $4.25 for regular unleaded. We stopped to check on trail openings. Most trails are open and extremely muddy. Two biggies are still closed - Imogene Pass and Black Bear. The county is working on Imogene right now. They said it may be cleared by the end of the month. They also thought that Black Bear would be open by the Summit. We haven't had a lot rain lately so I think the conditions will be good. I can't wait to see everyone at the Summit! MT

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
That is a great update Montana, Thanks...They were thinking that Black Bear would not even open this year the way they were talking a week or so ago. :)

See ya there buddy. :)

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We were told that they are really working hard to open Imogene. I think that's their main goal. Because of all the run off, there have been a lot of slides. I think a lot will depend on the trail conditions and how much work there is to do on them. MT

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Yeh, they said the slides were dumping over 15' of snow back on the trails which is making clearing them that much harder.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also forgot to mention that they are doing a lot of road work on the mountain. We were stopped between Durango and Silverton, also between Silverton and Ouray, and again just north of Ouray. The posted signs said work was going on all summer. We had to wait a couple of times for about 15 minutes, but the wait could be as long as 30. MT

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Great news Montana - see you soon - :bigthumb:

-

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thanks little guy. Hopefully you get to see MissFJ again.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Thanks MT!

See you there!

cheers,

dale

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
I also forgot to mention that they are doing a lot of road work on the mountain. We were stopped between Durango and Silverton, also between Silverton and Ouray, and again just north of Ouray. The posted signs said work was going on all summer. We had to wait a couple of times for about 15 minutes, but the wait could be as long as 30. MT
Well, at least we'll be stopped in Paradise. :)

We'll just leave a bit earlier than we usually would to get to our appointed trail run times and all should be just fine.

Thanks for the update.
steven

1 - 16 of 16 Posts