·
Premium Member
8,986 Posts
I'd be willing to attend just such an event. :bigthumb:

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
I'd be willing to attend just such an event. :bigthumb:
Haha, which part, the beer or the wet t-shirt contest (oops, didn't they reveal that part of the competition yet?)? :lol:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So I'm hearing there will be catered dinners Wed, Thurs, and Sat. This leaves Friday the 23rd as the "night on the town" and I have been asked to do it then so we do not interfere with Summit events. Let's say meet at the Ourayle between 7 and 8 Friday evening.

Food arrangements have not been worked out yet. I may buy burgers/brats/weiners to grill throughout the night (they will be my treat) or a local burrito/taco shop may provide the food (will have to pay but very inexpensive).

I will let you know the rest of the details once we figure them out. In the meantime, get ready to drink some BEER!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Food and Beer? what could be better?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Absolutely nuthin, except for maybe some chicks!

·
Premium Member
171 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
First of all I wanted to let everybody know that I now live here in Ouray so if there is anything I can do to help, just message me and I'll be glad to do so. I drove in for last years summit... and never left town :lol:

Secondly, I am good friends with Hutch who owns the Ourayle House Brewery. We are both curious to see if there would be any interest in having a little FJ bash at the brewery with good music, great beer, and plenty of food on the grill!!

I know everyone has busy schedule's and we don't want to interfere with what is planned for summit attendees, but would any of you be up for something like this? I will wait to post a day and time until I see the itinerary.

See you all in 121 days :cheers:

I need a job in Ouray or the surrounding area so I can live there too!!! Please help!!!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Shellie and I spent a few hours enjoying Hutch's company last year. It doesn't look like we are going to make the summit this year but if we do this is on our list of things to do.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So I believe everyone recieved the official FJ summit agenda today, if not I attached a copy below. The "night in Ouray" is set to begin at 6:30 on Friday evening, so I will be showing up at the Ourayle right around that time to start grilling some bugers, brats, hot dogs, etc. If anybody has anything else they would rather throw on the grill or any side dishes, just bring it and we can take care of it, please do not feel obligated to bring anything though! I am planning on grilling most of the night (probably until 9 or so) so no need to show up right at 6:30 if you have other plans such as hot springs, hiking, etc.

By the way, the free pint glasses (presented by Metal Tech) that are being giving away at the Western Hotel that night is located directly across from Hutches so that will work out very nicely!

Can't wait to see everybody, let me know if you all have any questions :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The beer garden is fun as hell too, but this is the Ourayle House Brewery (Mr. Grumpy Pants Brewing Company) just off of Main on 7th Ave. See link below.

Google Maps

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
I always stop at the brewery when I'm in Ouray. Just a couple of beers on tap, but nice stuff. Hutch is a great dude, just fun to hang out with and talk beer, or kayaking.

See ya there in a few days!!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Wish Sandabbe and I were going this year. THAT IS SOME OF THE BEST BEER I'VE EVER HAD!!! Even if there is no FJ meet there, you all should stop by and have a beer or two. They go down real good after a run!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Jeff,

Can you please post places in town (eating and drinking) that are dog friendly. We will have our 10 pound four legged furry son with us and would like to know where he is welcome. Last year there were many dogs and I am sure those that are returning would appreciate the info as well.

I called the Chamber of Commerce and they said Billy Goats was since they had an outside patio/beer garden. They could not (or would not) comment on other locations since they were not members of the Chamber.

Thanx :cheers:

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Jeff,

Can you please post places in town (eating and drinking) that are dog friendly. We will have our 10 pound four legged furry son with us and would like to know where he is welcome. Last year there were many dogs and I am sure those that are returning would appreciate the info as well.

I called the Chamber of Commerce and they said Billy Goats was since they had an outside patio/beer garden. They could not (or would not) comment on other locations since they were not members of the Chamber.

Thanx :cheers:

Yes Billy Goat Gruffs is okay with dogs. But limited menu, but many beers.

Steve.. I can dog sit any time. We can hang out by any eatery and wait for you to eat. Or if the dog is okay with a drive while you eat... or a walk to the brewery? They have a patio.

And yes, Dobermans rule
B

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Jeff,

Yes, this would be great information... After going last year without a dog, someone has decided that Ms. Charlotte Yorkie will be joining us this year.

Yes, we run a Beagle Rescue and a Dalmatian rescue, but the Yorkie is just easier to transport. She even had to get her own multipurpose transport system.

So just look for us carrying the dog, pulling the crate behind us....

-C

21 - 40 of 54 Posts