Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Ourayle

11K views 53 replies 28 participants last post by  OCR14a 
#1 ·
First of all I wanted to let everybody know that I now live here in Ouray so if there is anything I can do to help, just message me and I'll be glad to do so. I drove in for last years summit... and never left town :lol:

Secondly, I am good friends with Hutch who owns the Ourayle House Brewery. We are both curious to see if there would be any interest in having a little FJ bash at the brewery with good music, great beer, and plenty of food on the grill!!

I know everyone has busy schedule's and we don't want to interfere with what is planned for summit attendees, but would any of you be up for something like this? I will wait to post a day and time until I see the itinerary.

See you all in 121 days :cheers:

#30 ·
First of all I wanted to let everybody know that I now live here in Ouray so if there is anything I can do to help, just message me and I'll be glad to do so. I drove in for last years summit... and never left town :lol:

Secondly, I am good friends with Hutch who owns the Ourayle House Brewery. We are both curious to see if there would be any interest in having a little FJ bash at the brewery with good music, great beer, and plenty of food on the grill!!

I know everyone has busy schedule's and we don't want to interfere with what is planned for summit attendees, but would any of you be up for something like this? I will wait to post a day and time until I see the itinerary.

See you all in 121 days :cheers:

I need a job in Ouray or the surrounding area so I can live there too!!! Please help!!!

#32 ·
So I believe everyone recieved the official FJ summit agenda today, if not I attached a copy below. The "night in Ouray" is set to begin at 6:30 on Friday evening, so I will be showing up at the Ourayle right around that time to start grilling some bugers, brats, hot dogs, etc. If anybody has anything else they would rather throw on the grill or any side dishes, just bring it and we can take care of it, please do not feel obligated to bring anything though! I am planning on grilling most of the night (probably until 9 or so) so no need to show up right at 6:30 if you have other plans such as hot springs, hiking, etc.

By the way, the free pint glasses (presented by Metal Tech) that are being giving away at the Western Hotel that night is located directly across from Hutches so that will work out very nicely!

Can't wait to see everybody, let me know if you all have any questions :cheers:

Attachments

#42 ·
I forget if I already posted this anywhere on here, but...
It was nice to meet you that night in the Ourayle House on Independence weekend, Jeff. I only wish I had known it was you on the other end of the bar sooner.

We'll see you soon (checking into the Ouray Hotel on Friday, the 16th).

...THAT IS SOME OF THE BEST BEER I'VE EVER HAD!!! ...They go down real good...
Indeed. There are three main reasons.....1) it's actually good beer to begin with, 2) he doesn't over-do-it with the carbonation......I usually stir my beer with a knife when I get a glass (cause I can't stand ingesting all those bubbles), but Hutch's beer seems fine, and 3) it's actually good beer to begin with :cheers:

I usually only drink dark beers (porter, stout, black ale, etc). He has a very tasty stout on tap right now......well, at least he did last weekend....hope he still has it next week.

Jeff,

Can you please post places in town (eating and drinking) that are dog friendly. We will have our 10 pound four legged furry son with us and would like to know where he is welcome. Last year there were many dogs and I am sure those that are returning would appreciate the info as well.

I called the Chamber of Commerce and they said Billy Goats was since they had an outside patio/beer garden. They could not (or would not) comment on other locations since they were not members of the Chamber.

Thanx :cheers:
Ourayle House seems dog friendly.....there's usually one walking around in there, and I'm sure you can tie it up outside near the patio.

I've seen dogs at some of the other places with outside seating too, like the aforementioned Billy Goat Gruff's Bier Garten, Buen Tiempo (Mexican), O'Brien's Pub and the Gold Belt (pizza, etc), but I have no idea what their official policy is at any of these places. Might be a good idea to call around to some of them and find out.

#34 ·
The beer garden is fun as hell too, but this is the Ourayle House Brewery (Mr. Grumpy Pants Brewing Company) just off of Main on 7th Ave. See link below.

Google Maps

#36 ·
Wish Sandabbe and I were going this year. THAT IS SOME OF THE BEST BEER I'VE EVER HAD!!! Even if there is no FJ meet there, you all should stop by and have a beer or two. They go down real good after a run!:bigthumb:

#37 ·
Jeff,

Can you please post places in town (eating and drinking) that are dog friendly. We will have our 10 pound four legged furry son with us and would like to know where he is welcome. Last year there were many dogs and I am sure those that are returning would appreciate the info as well.

I called the Chamber of Commerce and they said Billy Goats was since they had an outside patio/beer garden. They could not (or would not) comment on other locations since they were not members of the Chamber.

Thanx :cheers:

#43 ·
Looking forward to Friday night guys.....

P.S. I love beer!!

#46 ·
Hope you guys have arrived safely in Ouray and for those still travelling, safe cruisin for the remainder of your trip!

As a reminder I will be grilling hamburgers, hot dogs, and chicken on Friday night starting at about 7:00 pm. I had no idea how much meat to get so I will just make everything throughout the evening until it's gone, so try to get there in decent time so you don't miss out.

You are all welcome to bring some side dishes or anything else you would like to throw on the grill, if not that is totally cool too!! Have fun on your trail runs and see you soon :cheers:

#50 ·
Thanks guys, we will have to do it again next year for sure.

#51 ·
indeed....lot of fun, and great to see you again, Jeff. Thanks for the grub, and for organizing the gathering. :cheers:

#54 ·
there are a few shots of us hanging out at Ourayle House that Friday night HERE, but I totally forgot to get a pic of Jeff....sorry buddy.

Thanks again. It was definitely a lot of fun getting to meet you this summer and hang out, play darts, etc. Enjoy :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.