Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really enjoyed my H3 however I always lusted after the FJ Cruiser but it was not available when I bought my H3. Then my brother got a Voo Doo Blue last year and the rest was history. Just took delivery of an '08 Sun Fusion FJ with TRD CAI and TRD exhaust. What an amazing vehicle! Swapping out the stock tires/wheels for BFG A/T and TRD wheels. My garage would not allow for a 3 inch lift and 33 inch Pro Comps that I had wanted...need a new garage! Getting the Kenwood DNX 7100 installed next week...if you have not seen this unit in person, do yourself a favor and check it out...it is sweet. Pics to come soon.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wow... Congratulations. You won't find any love lost for the H3 on this forum. We are all glad you made the switch. Have fun and remember to log on to frequently to learn all the tricks for the FJ
BendFJ

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Congrats on your FJ. My wife just called and she is in Denver on business and is in a H3 rental. She calls it a shoebox on wheels.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,836 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
565 Posts
give us a real world engine to engine comparison, cause I think the H3 would be severely underpowered for the size of the vehicle. I considered one initially , but after test driving the FJ I never even went back to the chevy/hummer dealership to test drive myself. I have been curious as to how that 5 cylinder is holding up, seeing as it was o.k. at best in the first year colorado.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Congrats on the new Rig and Welcome to the madness :wave:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did the opposite and traded my FJ in for the H3. As to the engine difference, it is noticeable. I liked the options that the H3 had and Toyota didn't offer at the time of my purchase. It's funny hearing people bash the H3 that never owned one. I would never bash the FJ out of respect to its owners, because both vehicles are close in comparison (off-road wise). I wanted something with 4 doors and not so "plastic-like" inside, so I traded it. When I had people sit in the back seat they looked cramped and I felt bad. I would be happy to give you "honest" answers if you have questions about the two.

·
Premium Member
16,449 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Glad to hear you made the switch over to the dark side...haha! Besides, there are too many H3's on the road and not enuf FJ's.

Go have fun!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Just wondering,

Did you ever offroad your H3? In what ways is the FJ better in your point of view? Sorry its Just AWESOME that you would Switch from a h3 to an FJ!!!

Welcome to the World of FJing!!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
I really enjoyed my H3 however I always lusted after the FJ Cruiser but it was not available when I bought my H3. Then my brother got a Voo Doo Blue last year and the rest was history. Just took delivery of an '08 Sun Fusion FJ with TRD CAI and TRD exhaust. What an amazing vehicle! Swapping out the stock tires/wheels for BFG A/T and TRD wheels. My garage would not allow for a 3 inch lift and 33 inch Pro Comps that I had wanted...need a new garage! Getting the Kenwood DNX 7100 installed next week...if you have not seen this unit in person, do yourself a favor and check it out...it is sweet. Pics to come soon.
Congrats and welcome! Did it come with the TRD CAI as a dealer installed option or did you order it that way? I'm wondering if that's a new option for '08 since they didn't even put it on the TRD models in '07.
-Trev

1 - 19 of 19 Posts