Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Come ride with the Upstate Cruisers at Tellico August 7-10.:bluecap:

This should be lots of fun again this year!

OVER THE MOUNTAIN TOUR with the Toyota Trail Team at Tellico [all updates will be included here for easy access]

Hey folks! Marshall and JP were kind enough to let me help out and volunteer as ringleader for this event. Marshall's already reserved McNabb campgrounds on the upper side of the trails for the dates posted in the title. The Toyota Trail Team will be in attendance too.

Tentative Itinerary
Thursday - setup camp, wheel, eat, sleep
Friday - wheel, UC Burgers & Dogs, sleep
Saturday - wheel, Marshall's famous wings, raffle, sleep (maybe;))
Sunday - pack up camp, wheel, go home

Sponsors
Atlanta Custom Creations
ACC has donated 2 logo'd swag bags with ACC Ts, 4WP Ts, ACC beverage huggies, 4WP huggies, tow strap...)
ACC has also donated 2 recovery kits: snatch block, tree saver, 30' strap, shackles, gloves, ACC logo'd bags, T's & huggies.
And finally ACC has donated a set of Hella 700FF lights.​
Ralph Hayes Toyota
Ralph Hayes Toyota (our friend Rick Arflin!) has donated 2 four-man tents, 2 Coleman lanterns, 2 Titan LED flashlights along with some other Toyota branded swag from his sales floor.​
Toyota Trail Team
And of course, Woody and the Trail Team will have an assortment of cool Toyota swag too.​

Anonymous Donations
Polk Audio 8" Subwoofer
CamelBak Trail Blazer w/2 Liter bladder & hose
Coleman eXponent dual fuel lantern
Thermarest Ridgerest sleeping pad​

Raffle Prizes!!!!!!!!!
You want 'em and we got 'em!
Raffle tickets will be $1 each and $20 will get you 25 tickets.

Please post up if you will be attending this UC event and how many are in your group. Total fees for camping & 2 dinners for this 4-day event will be as follows...
Drivers $20 Non UC folks $35 (includes 1st yr UC member dues)
Passengers $15

Does not include Day Use fees for the trails ($10/day/truck)

Current Registrant Count: 47 + Woody, Andy, Zach and Conard of the East & Central Trail Teams.

Registration Closed August 5th -- Thanks you all who posted and registered. This is our largest turnout ever for the OTMT event!

Directions from the Tennesse side (from Gov't site):
From I-75 in Sweetwater, Tennessee, take State Route 68 to Tellico Plains. Turn left onto Highway 165 for 6 miles. Turn right onto FDR 210 (Tellico River Road) for 10 miles, turn left onto 217 (North River Road). Camp is located 2 miles on the left.

Directions from Murphy, NC (from my maps):
Follow Trail 1 all the way past stateline camps and Green Cove area. About 1 mile past Green Cove Convenience Store is the access road to N. River Road. This entrance is easy to miss. Take a right turn there and go almost one mile, staying to the left at the next turn. Then go about one more mile to the campsite entrance. ** If you miss the first entrance at the one mile mark past Green Cove there is another entrance to the right at the 3 mile mark past Green Cove. It loops back down to the McNabb entrance after about 2 miles.

Click this link for a detailed map of the area.
Delorme MapShare - McNabb Campground area

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Shoot, I wish I would've known about this Rick. I could've added it to the events calendar in the July issue.

It's on the FJC Magazine Events Calendar now.

Maybe we can do an article on the event in the Oct issue? Just let me know ;)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shoot, I wish I would've known about this Rick. I could've added it to the events calendar in the July issue.

It's on the FJC Magazine Events Calendar now.

Maybe we can do an article on the event in the Oct issue? Just let me know ;)
Sounds like a great idea!

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Shame this is the same weekend as Harlan :(

·
Premium Member
3,414 Posts
Bah! I miss two events that weekend because of my class reunion in Minnesota. If only I hadn't bought my plane ticket already.....

Wish I could be there (or Harlan). Have a great time all and give Heather (K9Crazy) a pat on the back for all her hard work to keep Tellico open.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
AAwww.....shucks. Thanks!

And I will be there! It was up in the air for a while with the kiddo, but the hubby is going to give it a whirl alone that weekend so I can come wheel.

Good Man.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bah! I miss two events that weekend because of my class reunion in Minnesota. If only I hadn't bought my plane ticket already.....

Wish I could be there (or Harlan). Have a great time all and give Heather (K9Crazy) a pat on the back for all her hard work to keep Tellico open.
Ha! What year are you? My HS 20th is the weekend before this.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:bump:

Registration is open to non UC members...Just $35 gets you 3 nights of camping, two dinners and a good time with Woody, Conard, Zack & Andy of the Trail Teams, PLUS one year membership with the largest TLCA chapter on the east coast * * Upstate Cruisers * *

click for registration : Upstate Cruisers OTMT Registration

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just wanted to thank everyone who is on there way or coming. Final count was around 50 or so who registered. Should be a lot of fun and the weather is going to be nice. High for the weekend is supposed to be 84 low in the lower 60's. Last night I finished up getting all the food. 120lbs of wings, 70 hamburgers, 40 hotdogs and 36lbs of Rotel.

Looking forward to the pics and to finally do some wheeling.

See y'all there.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Just wanted to thank everyone who is on there way or coming. Final count was around 50 or so who registered. Should be a lot of fun and the weather is going to be nice. High for the weekend is supposed to be 84 low in the lower 60's. Last night I finished up getting all the food. 120lbs of wings, 70 hamburgers, 40 hotdogs and 36lbs of Rotel.

Looking forward to the pics and to finally do some wheeling.

See y'all there.
Thanks for taking care of my needs, what is everyone else going to eat...:cheers:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Post them up I know there will be a bunch of everything.

Left yesterday due to my wife having Bronchitis.

Trip down was fun. Stopped by RHT at picked up some parts for Adam (Smokeymountain) and to let the guys see the Big Gay. They were all impressed. Drove up and picked Chuck up and headed up to Tellico. The ride up was awesome. Big Gay was a blast to drive. Rarely did I ever had to shift into 3rd gear. Passing was a breeze. I can honestly say I never got passed the whole way. Temps, oil pressure, fuel pressure were spot on. Only issue we had was the check engine light would come on every hr or so for a couple min. and then go off. As usually I pulled over every hr or so to check everything out since the motor is brand new and I'm known for being a princess in the pea kind of person. It has to work right or I'm not going to be comfortable.

Pulled into camp aroun 4 to see a whole lot of vehicles, campers, tents, and people. McNabb was packed. You had to look to find a couple square feet to set a tent up.

Sylvains pimp house.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts