Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a suggestion from @Zaku65 about refined cycle making some molle gear for FJ's. I picked up their overhead cargo rack: https://www.refinedcycle.com/MR1-Overhead-Cargo-Area-Molle-Panel-for-Toyota-FJ-Cruiser-MR1.htm

Have to say it is pretty sweet. Got 4 molle bags and a fishing pole holder on it, and I have room for a second fishing pole holder if I want to add it in the future. Got the item within 6 days of ordering. Super easy to install. It does hang down over the rear window a bit, but I don't feel it really hampers rear view vision significantly.

It definitely takes advantage of unused space on the ceiling real well.

I would recommend it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I was looking at that, can you post a couple pictures of it with your stuff on it? Thanks

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
It's a great rack...here is a photo of mine...

Reactions: Zaku65

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are 2 pics. The fishing pole holder actually works good (I didn't think it would). I've hung some paracord loops off the rack to hang camp lamps/wet clothes off of it etc.

·
14,839 Posts
How much is it bowing down in the center with the weight?

They have an IDEA offer. Tell them your idea, if they make it, you get one for free. I tried talking them into modifying the ends to fit behind the grab handles/side visor area for an overhead long gun mount and never heard back from them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much is it bowing down in the center with the weight?

They have an IDEA offer. Tell them your idea, if they make it, you get one for free. I tried talking them into modifying the ends to fit behind the grab handles/side visor area for an overhead long gun mount and never heard back from them.
The rack actually arches up somewhat in line with the ceiling (not exactly). I could probably force my hand in the gap, but I'd probably lose some skin. I could measure if you'd like. It doesn't move much when highway driving - pretty rigid. Haven't gone off roading since its been installed.

I like the IDEA offer. The misus is much more creative than me - I'll have to see if she has a good idea.

·
Registered
2007 FJ M/T Arctic Silver 285/70/17 no BMC no Rub
600 Posts
Here are 2 pics. The fishing pole holder actually works good (I didn't think it would). I've hung some paracord loops off the rack to hang camp lamps/wet clothes off of it etc.

View attachment 1158290

View attachment 1158291
Hey man this looks really nice. Been thinking of a way to store my 2 fishing poles without risking dmg to them. What are using to hold the rod up there? And its really secure?
Thanks for any input man, it looks great!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey man this looks really nice. Been thinking of a way to store my 2 fishing poles without risking dmg to them. What are using to hold the rod up there? And its really secure?
Thanks for any input man, it looks great!
Thanks.
It is the Daiwa rod holster on Amazon ($40).

The rod handle slides in and there is a velcro strap you can wrap around the pole above the reel to hold it in place. Pretty secure. I'll probably get another one to install on the other side. Best solution I've been able to find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts