Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Wow, thank you for your dedication to this issue.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
No I am stationed in Germany, near the French border center section of Germany...

Would moving to Finland help me out haha? Its a little bit more expensive there.

Robert

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
No I am stationed in Germany, near the French border center section of Germany...

Would moving to Finland help me out haha? Its a little bit more expensive there.

Robert
Sorry, Robert.

I must have gotten confused. It doesn't take much.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I think i ll try to get the nitrogen checked while they are off... Now to find someone in germany that uses the needle style...only if i was closer to hochenheim or nurburgring lol. Ohlins uses the same port, makes it easier for me to find a place. 200 psi correct?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Thank you so much for the clarification. Should I worry (due to being overseas and shipping and time so costly) about taking it to a motorcycle shop or performance shop and having them verify the pressure? Will this cause any issues with you in the future or no?

Thank you in advance,

Robert

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Just to follow up on this a bit to complete the story for future "searches".

Nitrogen was good, took the springs off and verified solid shock pressure. I recently changed to a 600lb spring instead of the 700's that they came with. Removed some corrosion that had formed and put them all back together. At the time of re-installing these I added TC UCA's and lifted the rear as well. Even with the front 2.5's set to the lowest the rattling is gone. I do not know what caused the sounds but it most likely was from lessening the tension and the stiffness from the springs on my OEM front end FJC. Or possibly I had issues with my UCA's, who knows.

I know I cant answer anything specific, but I wanted to give some closure as alot of posts end up with nothing at all...not cool for those who like to rear through the search function...

Also, the new rear Radflo springs are great, they ride well, and performance will hopefully be verified soon after.

Robert

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread. I just put 2.5's on with 650lbs springs and have the same issue. I'm not preloaded at all, so I will do that and check the swaybar. I do have the long spacer to the front, and the swaybar was relo'd. I also have TC UCA's. I hope this is an easy fix. :/

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I never did fix my noises, even after replacement bearings sent to me and changed, allignments done, moving this and that...I do notice that it does get quieter once the weather warms up. I would have sent them back (just to be safe) and checked over by Radflo, but I am stationed overseas and the USPS isnt the fastest options in the world for shipping.

I still wonder what it could be, it bothers me sometimes still. I am trying to fight off the corrosion on the coil threads now. I keep them sprayed with Moly Lube anti corrosion spray, but they keep turning orange quickly. Other than that this is a great product and the service and advice from here has been phenominal. Glenn was a real great guy, talking to me on the phone about my issues and sending me the bearings to replace and try out. Real superior service minded!

Robert

·
Premium Member
856 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I drove without my sway bar for a while, no change. I figured it was bushing wear, end links something...but nada...

I am going to look into maybe pronounced sound in the tie rods, due to a beefier suspension. Hopefully. Some days its louder than others, and I notice if I hit up these curvy German roads alot in one day the noise subsides...almost like something warms up or wears in correctly...I know thats probably not the case, but its the easiet way to describe it.

Robert

41 - 53 of 53 Posts