Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it should not be long before we get the new car features information. If you are a Toyota employee and have acess to the "TIS" (Toyota information system) they have already released the owners manuals and shop manuals.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
party time, excellent. I wonder how long till my local parts department will have a factory manual I can curl up with?
Hey can you turn to the page that talks about ATRAC and read it aloud for us?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
We're in the process of working on it now my friend. Turns out you can't access the site on a Mac, so I have another person working it out on a PC right now - pdf's soon....

I think I have most of the owner's manual, it's the repair manual I am waiting on....

They will learn not to taunt the cruiser forums, we will sick our jedi ninja's on them.

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Easy grasshopper... there is some work that must be done first.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Don't know yet buddy, as soon as I have the information - you too will have information.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Calm down Beavis...

Cali is the one helping me!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Here is something that I read about the Trac stuff:

1. VSC (Vehicle Stability Control)
It is a system to prevent unstable behavior of the vehicle by controlling the brake of each wheel and engine output
automatically after detecting skid caused by sudden steering operation and on slippery roads with the sensors.
VSC is not a system to enhance vehicle’s marginal performance but to return the vehicle state back to the stable operation
range when it enters in the operation marginal range.

2. ABS with EBD (Electronic Brake Force Distribution)
ABS detects the wheel speed at braking and prevents the tire lock at braking by controlling brake fluid pressure of the four
wheels automatically. It is a system to ensure vehicle’s stability and steering effect. By preventing the tire lock, cornering
force is used efficiently.
ABS is effective to avoid the risk when the vehicle is steered during braking and the spin when the vehicle is braked with one
side wheels on icy road and the other on asphalt road.
Besides conventional ABS functions, ABS with EBD controls appropriate brake force distribution between front and rear
wheels, and left and right wheels regardless of load change such as vehicle weight with and without load, which ensures
good braking performance

3. Brake Assist
The brake assist system interprets a quick push of the brake pedal as emergency braking and supplements the brake power
applied if the driver has not stepped hard enough on the brake pedal.

4. Active TRAC (4WD)
In active traction control system, brake fluid pressure is controlled on slipped wheels by acceleration with 4WD in off–road
driving and driving force which may be lost by acceleration slip is distributed to each wheels, resulting in excellent LSD
effect.

5. TRAC
It is a function to ensure vehicle stability and driving force by preventing the drive wheels from slipping when starting off or
accelerating on a slippery surface by controlling the brake fluid pressure and engine output automatically.

6. Auto LSD (2WD)
Auto LSD fulfills LSD functions by using the TRAC system. Comparing with TRAC, it controls focusing on how easily the
vehicle can get out of the stuck condition and ensures to get out when one tire comes off the ground and to start off on roads
with large travel resistance such as sandy roads.

Hope this clears the Air so to speak.

·
Registered
449 Posts
mappelman said:
In active traction control system, brake fluid pressure is controlled on slipped wheels by acceleration with 4WD in off–road
driving and driving force which may be lost by acceleration slip is distributed to each wheels, resulting in excellent LSD effect.

6. Auto LSD (2WD)
Auto LSD fulfills LSD functions by using the TRAC system.
Man, that sounds sweet! I havnt had an excellent LSD effect in quite some time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts