Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

421 - 440 of 473 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Lol..damn, sorry I missed this. I'm doing nothing but sitting around the house today. Could have easily gone out and down something. I'll have to try and keep a better eye on this section! :(

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just an update for you guys and gals. My dad didn't have a heart attack thank goodness. He had a severe case of indigestion which caused severe chest pain. He was released last night. I'm very happy he is doing great but I'm very upset I had to leave you guys. My mom is very dramatic and went over board with the heart attack thing. Anyways, I had a great time Friday night and Saturday. It was very nice meeting the newcomers on the trip, Brad and his wife and Tyler and his fiancé, Jimmy (he's not a newcomer)and his girlfriend and of course Jax:rofl:. I also can't forget Son and his crazy friends.:rocker: I hope to wheel with everyone again one of these days. The FJ crowd is some awesome people. Ok off my soap box. :blueblob:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Just an update for you guys and gals. My dad didn't have a heart attack thank goodness. He had a severe case of indigestion which caused severe chest pain. He was released last night. I'm very happy he is doing great but I'm very upset I had to leave you guys. My mom is very dramatic and went over board with the heart attack thing. Anyways, I had a great time Friday night and Saturday. It was very nice meeting the newcomers on the trip, Brad and his wife and Tyler and his fiancé, Jimmy (he's not a newcomer)and his girlfriend and of course Jax:rofl:. I also can't forget Son and his crazy friends.:rocker: I hope to wheel with everyone again one of these days. The FJ crowd is some awesome people. Ok off my soap box. :blueblob:
Scott, we are glad your Dad did not have a heart attack.:clap: Buy him some Rolaids for me!!!!!:lol: Try to do Turkey Trot with us.:rocker: We have some stories to tell you. We will talk later,:cheers:
Jax':wave:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
So what did Jimmy do this time?:rofl:
Jack and Jimmy found a new trail up out of the valley to HWY 7. Slightly technical going up (well, for me anyway), probably a great way into the valley of fun. Other possible trails in the vicinity, as well.

·
Registered
232 Posts
That is good news right there, Scott. Sorry you had to leave us, but glad everything turned out ok. It was really nice to meet you as well as all the others. Putting a face to name and a personality to that face is fun in of itself. Looking forward to getting to some more events hitting some more trails with you guys! :rocker:

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts

Scott, happy to hear your dad is fine

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
O.K., It's time to say thanks to everyone that went. It was a pleasure to meet Tyler and Stephine, Brad and Vicky, and Jimmy's sweetie, Claire. All of you made the trip more enjoyable. Jimmy, it was real, once again!! Scott, sorry you had to leave early. One of these days you are going to see the campsite. Son and all the Asian Crew were extreme!! To Paul and Baker; sorry you guys couldn't make it.:frown
Now, the next time we do this in the Fall we need to check out the water levels.:thinkerg: Almost every creek was DRY!!!. Very upsetting......:mecry: The campsite north of Dover was taken, so we camped at the bottom of the highline where Joey jacked up his truck last spring. It was a nice place to camp, even if the area was a lot smaller. And did I mention NO WATER!!!:mecry: And I took a wrong turn at one of the forks and we missed some of the origanal course.:nerd I didn't take but just a few pics. I'll post them up when I get some more time. The weather was crisp and the sky was super bright, especially @ Tyler Bend.
We all drove our trucks through the Buffalo River @ Wollum Ford. I think it might have been knee deep!!! Did I say there was NO WATER!!!.:mecry:
After everyone broke camp, Jimmy, Claire and I drove over Illinois Bayou and did some exploring. There is a nice little road that goes over the mountain and comes out on HWY 7 . It was a pretty neat road we need to do again. :rocker:
I'll post the pics I took later. Everyone that took pics please post them up.
Thanks to all that went and made it a great Ozark Adventure. We will do it again!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Sorry I missed it guys. I ran into Jimmy at work last Friday and he told me about this, but by then it was too late for me to pull this off. I haven't been on the forums in awhile. Been too busy.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
So does that mean a Ozark Adventure III?

Hate that I missed the trip. Would have been nice to get away from everything.

Can't wait to see the pictures!
We will talk about this @ Turkey Trot. You WILL be there!!!!
I'm wanting to do this at least once a year, so Ozark Adventures III is in the planning stage.
Later,

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
This is what I'm talking about.............Where is the water???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Here are some.............................

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
And here are the soon to be famous "Crossing the Buffalo River in my FJ" pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
How do you get to the trail that takes you across the river? Looks like fun!
It is Wollum Ford. Take Hwy 374 west out of St. Joe, AR. It takes you right to the river.
The next time we make a trip up there, you should go with us. A lot of nice scenery along the Richland Creek area.

·
Registered
418 Posts
It is Wollum Ford. Take Hwy 374 west out of St. Joe, AR. It takes you right to the river.
The next time we make a trip up there, you should go with us. A lot of nice scenery along the Richland Creek area.
Yeah, I would have this last time but didn't see this until it was too late. I've been looking at the Cadron Creek area for kayaking and I've floated the Buffalo river, but have mostly done all my trail driving in the Ouachita area. I'm still new to it all so I have a lot of exploring to do. Thanks for the info!

421 - 440 of 473 Posts