Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be doing a Ozark Trail run the weekend of October 23rd. This will be about 150 miles of on road/off road trails with water crossings. Camping will be primitive meaning no bathrooms or utilities.

This is a side run to the Ozark Adventure III due to the popularity of the event.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My wife and I are in for this run. I'm not sure what will be different between the two run groups, but hopefully the route will be an enjoyable one. I do a lot of running in the Ouachita National Forest and just hadn't made my way up to the Ozark National Forest yet since it's a little further away. I'm curious to compare the two locations.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Ozark I run will be more family friendly, while alcahol is enjoyed it will be in moderation. This run is more about the friends and wheeling. the second group is more about wheeling and partying all night and getting hammered.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The Ozark I run will be more family friendly, while alcahol is enjoyed it will be in moderation. This run is more about the friends and wheeling. the second group is more about wheeling and partying all night and getting hammered.
It's not looking like there's going to be many in this group. lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok, lets start planning meals. we have friday and saturday all three meals. sunday breakfast and possibly lunch. Suggestions anyone? I guess we need an official head count.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you still have room for another vehicle I would like to sign up. I really enjoy this part of AR.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ok, lets start planning meals. we have friday and saturday all three meals. sunday breakfast and possibly lunch. Suggestions anyone? I guess we need an official head count.
I've never gone with a group like this before. We share turns providing food for everyone? I just assumed we'd all feed ourselves with whatever.

As far as a headcount: My wife and I for sure, perhaps a friend will catch a ride with us.

·
Registered
24 Posts
For those that are not convoying and meeting us there we are camping thursday night on the buffalo river. If your heading north on highway 65 out of conway on the other side of Marshal just before you cross the buffalo river there is a right turn that goes down to the river. We will camp there thursday night. it may be late when some of us arrive, so if you get there and no is there just wait. Friday morning we hit the trails. If you go to google maps and put in this coordinate it will show you the spot. 35.985465,-92.743708

·
Registered
24 Posts
Head count and communication list: I am including my email for you to send me a hit so I can compile a contact group for the trip. Paul and I have discussed meals and decide that I will bring hamburgers for saturday evening for everyone together. we just need volunteers to bring all the stuff that goes with it. Buns, cheese, lettuce, and maybe some fries to fry up. sign up here on the forum or in an email to me on what you can pitch in and I will start a list. As for the other meals you can pair up with others or take care of number one but you will be on your own. lunches should be quick and easy since we will be on the move on trails. When I get an email from you I will shoot you a link to the tentative route. Also let us know if you will convoying up with us. I will be leaving the metroplex from Greenville around 2. anyone going can meet up at the QT on I-30 at 2 pm thursday oct 22. The LA bunch will meet us in Texarkana around 4:30-5 pm at a location to be determined. Anyone else meeting us at the Buffalo, the coordinates are in the previous post. just put them in google maps. This is going to be an awesome trip and I hope everyone is as excited as I am. I will also post this on facebook for those that aren't on the forums.

My email- [email protected]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Head count and communication list: I am including my email for you to send me a hit so I can compile a contact group for the trip. Paul and I have discussed meals and decide that I will bring hamburgers for saturday evening for everyone together. we just need volunteers to bring all the stuff that goes with it. Buns, cheese, lettuce, and maybe some fries to fry up. sign up here on the forum or in an email to me on what you can pitch in and I will start a list. As for the other meals you can pair up with others or take care of number one but you will be on your own. lunches should be quick and easy since we will be on the move on trails. When I get an email from you I will shoot you a link to the tentative route. Also let us know if you will convoying up with us. I will be leaving the metroplex from Greenville around 2. anyone going can meet up at the QT on I-30 at 2 pm thursday oct 22. The LA bunch will meet us in Texarkana around 4:30-5 pm at a location to be determined. Anyone else meeting us at the Buffalo, the coordinates are 35.985465,-92.743708. just put them in google maps. This is going to be an awesome trip and I hope everyone is as excited as I am. I will also post this on Facebook for those that aren't on the forums.
My email- [email protected]

·
Registered
418 Posts
I can bring buns and chips. I have a gluten sensitivity so I'll bring a batch of stuff for me on the side and bring the good stuff for you guys to enjoy. No point in torturing the group with my lousy GF food. lol

Email sent as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just shot ya an email. We'll be meeting y'all at the river since we're coming from a different area. Super excited! In my version of knocking I would, I will say there's still a slim chance I would have to cancel, but I doubt it. My boyfriend's and my job just gave us the greenlight today to have the full 3-day weekend off! :bigthumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts