·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice! A bit out of my price range right now...off to the piggy bank!

Yes sir these are definately not the disposable wally world weekend specials.

I was glad I had mine at Jamboree, it was nice and dry.

Saving up for all of the accessories now...

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
How well did it hold up with the rain and Mud in Gilmer?

Did you put a tarp under it or on top of it? I see the ground sheet and rain fly are extras, so I'm guessing you need to have them to keep it water proof.

It's a really nice looking system, but after you add all of the parts, including the awning, its a $1000 tent? Ouch. Just a little to rich for me. I camp out once a year, I'll stick to my $50 tent and a few blue tarps.

-C

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How well did it hold up with the rain and Mud in Gilmer?

Did you put a tarp under it or on top of it? I see the ground sheet and rain fly are extras, so I'm guessing you need to have them to keep it water proof.

It's a really nice looking system, but after you add all of the parts, including the awning, its a $1000 tent? Ouch. Just a little to rich for me. I camp out once a year, I'll stick to my $50 tent and a few blue tarps.

-C

The rain and mud were not an issue. I did put a tarp under the pvc bottom to act as a floor saver. I did not buy a rain fly as these are water proof without it.

The cost of this tent may not be justifiable for a casual camper, but when you spend as many nights a year in a tent as I do, it is well worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts