Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, so to day on the fj the four lights on the right lit up for 10-20 seconds then off got home found the p0105 stored code and tried looking it up maybe im just over thinking this but I cant find a single person with an fj or tacoma exc with this p0105, is this just a dirty map sensor the guys at local toyota didnt help much.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I think you may have mis-read the code, or your OBD-II tool is giving you bad information.

P0105 indicates a defect in the MAP circuit ... something associated with the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor.

You're not finding anything relating to FJs because the 1GR-FE engine does not have a MAP sensor. It does use a MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor.

Go back and read your pending codes again ... if you get the same erroneous result, try a different code scanner.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had my lights on for 100000 miles. Changed the gas cap. Nothing. Three mechanics had all kinds of tests. Since gas prices dropped I put in the good stuff. Only shell 89 now and no lights. No more Kroger or Walmart gas. They came on and off while I was testing it. I'm at about 5000 miles off now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts