Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
i have been reading a lot on this forum for a while. I dig the FJ alot. I have a friend who works at a Toyota Dealership and she says she can hook it up with a good price. I was wondering What is the most basic package you guys would go for out of the dealership? As i am looking to MOD it up a bit. I am looking into the 4x4 AT Black Diamond. Thank You all in advance.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Good choice in color. Why buy a striped out model? Get as much as you can afford now...you'll be glad you did later. Good Luck and Welcome Aboard! :)

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Personnally I would get the CQ package and DL (rear locker) option as an absolute minimum.

The rear locker is required to add an ATRAC switch afterward. The CQ package is fairly basic and contain items such as keyless entry, backup sensor, remote mirrors, cruise control, and rear window wiper. Also, CQ comes with steel rims.

The more expensive UP or UR packages include the rear locker, ATRAC, alloy wheels, top of dash gauges (inclinometer, temperature, and compass), 400 watt power outlet, upgraded radio, and bling.

There are factory options (things discussed above) and there are port options that are installed when it arrives at port or at the dealership. Be sure that you get the factory options just like you want as these cannot be added later. The port options can be added anytime.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
I agree w/KLD - the Locker is a MUST. I doubt you'll find one w/o the CQ package. Add the rest later, there are SO many people selling OEM stuff that you'll have no problems.

·
Registered
251 Posts
You can see from the list below what I ended up with. I would prob add a receiver hitch. A friend of mine got the TT model and feels he could have added stuff cheaper. I know from past vehicles (Jeeps and other 4X4s), I want to do a lot of mods but rarely find the time to do them. Unless it is something I can do in an evening, when I do have extra time I want to be out there enjoying life instead of working on another project.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As a minimum get the CQ and locker, you can add everything else you want cheaper yourself.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i recommend the Convenience Group and then either the OffRoad Package or the Upgrade Package 2- I went with UP2 as I wanted 17" alloy wheels and a couple other things like the rear power inverter.

I added roof rack, sirius, tow hitch package, and all weather mats into deal as well.

after I took possession I did the 3" ToyTEc OME lift, Nitto 295 tires all around, Tuffy security console, and budbuilt rock sliders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts