Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find a good way to mount a Packasport box using Stornco adapters? I have Yakima crossbars in the front and middle positions and picked up a used Packasport box cheap but mounting it to the bars is a bit of a problem as the box is designed for bars that are further back on the roof. I can slide the box backwards, but then I'd need to drill new holes in the box for the mounting brackets. This is a minor detail, I'm more concerned about having too much of the box hanging unsupported off the back of the middle rack.

I suppose I could mount a third rack at the rear position, but then I'd need some sort of spacer since the rear bar wouldn't be planar with the other two bars.

Anyone have a slick way to combine a Packasport box with the Stornco/Yakima rack?

James

·
Registered
6 Posts
What did you end up doing? Seems like running the bars at the front and rear positions with nothing in the middle then running some kind of track between front and rear would work. Might involve some cutting and drilling of square or round tubing? You could even coat the tubing with rubber to match the Yakima bars...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts