Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a PadHoldr in my FJ. Mine happens to be designed to hold a Motorola Xoom tablet, but they make them for iPads and other things. Took about 10 minutes total.

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
Great how-to. :cheers:

Could you add a small narrative that includes a source (link) and price for the PadHoldr? Then I'll set up your article in the How-To section.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wow this is great. I have been looking for a user video install like this. Also its good to see a fellow Doctor Who fan on the forum. You are the first one I have seen.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Geeze, I wish you could buy just the mount... anyone have leads on such a thing?
Ask and you shall receive! PadHoldr is sending just the FJ Cruiser specific bracket to me for $35 shipped! :)

I just emailed through their website, and they said it'd be okay to share that info if anyone else was interested in just the bracket. :cheers:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks like it wobbles around quite a bit to me.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
The panavise mounts are great. I have had one mounted for 5 years. An iPad will probably wobble quite a bit on that mount due to weight.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Well... I got burned on the mount. I actually just got it in the mail and it is just a PanaVise mount nothing more, nothing less. Live and learn... I mounted my Droid today, it works very well for that, but I definitely wouldn't want to put much more weight on the mount itself.

Sorry for the crappy pic, it was getting dark...

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
Thank you so much for the link to this mount, I was pondering where to mount a Garmin GPS (because suctioning it to the windshield means a long reach for anybody) and this will work perfectly.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I made my own iPad mount. The base is very sturdy,. attached to the side of the control panel plastic frame with 2 long M6 (6mm x1.00) bolts.

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
Ordered the Panavise mount for my Garmin 3790, it came in today. Install took just a few minutes, the location for the mount is great and I'm very pleased with the result. Only problem is that it shakes when I turn the volume up :rocker:

·
Registered
470 Posts
im curious about this as well. sorry for a bump on a old thread, but i created a tablet dock today out of some metal. but i need a way to mount it.

will the panavise hold up well to more weight than a GPS?

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
The panavise mounts are great. I have had one mounted for 5 years. An iPad will probably wobble quite a bit on that mount due to weight.
That was what I have heard from people that tired them on the trail. Even my RAM setup gets some shake at higher speeds on the trail. It is a cool setup and way less invasive that mounting up the RAM. Be sure to follow up later with some feedback on trail functionality.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts