Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I question the logic of someone who would invest in a brand new vehicle, just to have it re-painted shortly after delivery.
But if you insist on changing the color and you want the paint job to be at Toyota's level of quality ... you will invest another 5-15K. If you want a custom color or special graphics, i've seen those paint jobs cost up to 35K.

Of course, if you just want to change the color and depreciate most of your investment, you better get Maacco!

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
just wait a few years for the paint to get beat-up and faded and point it OD green!

·
Registered
15 Posts
FJ Cruiser #8 said:
Since all the colors that are coming out kinda suck, I was wondering if anyone knows how much it would cost to get a aftermarket custom paint job?? thanks......
i agree, the colors suck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
granger said:
You're going to buy one???!?!?!???
yes, believe it or not. I have a tundra that sits unused in the yard, It will be traded it in if Toyota would ever get off their asses and put the FJC on the market. Not sure which color, i'll have to see them with my own eyes before i pick one. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
most of the toyota dealers around here are small, so i'll probably have to do some driving around to see all the colors. But, i can assure you the one i get will every 4x4 option that is availiable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey beaufort-fjc, (off-topic) are you in "Bew-furt", or "Bow-fort"? As in SC or NC? My 'rents live in Beaufort, NC - so I'm down there from time to time...

just curious...

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Topless4runner said:
just wait a few years for the paint to get beat-up and faded and point it OD green!
When that finally happens, I'm going with the radar-sucking black with a nice big skull on the hood!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Don't do it!!! ANY non-factory applied paint job will never equal the durability from the assembly plant. They are baked on before the rubber/plastic/interior is installed. The local paint booth can't do that because everything would melt!

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
you could always go with red. it makes you it go faster, you know.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Topless4runner said:
you could always go with red. it makes you it go faster, you know.
So do giant down-force wings... how ridiculous would that be?

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
off topic, how exactly is a wing (for down force, presumably) on the rear of a front drive car supposed to any good anyway? WTF.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Topless4runner said:
off topic, how exactly is a wing (for down force, presumably) on the rear of a front drive car supposed to any good anyway? WTF.
Hardly an expert on this subject, but the rear wheels need traction too! Besides if the engine is in front, the rear of the car is light, unless the car has a 50/50 weight dist., like the S2000.

Ever driven a RWD truck in the snow? Add some weight over the axle and it makes a big difference.

D

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
heck yeah, driving a rwd in the snow is a blast; unless of course you are trying to get somewhere.

what i was getting at was the point of an aerodymanic surface (wing) on a vehicle is to increase downforce to improve traction. wouldnt pushing down on the rear of a fwd car effectively increase the rear weight bias and reduce traction on the front? obviously it depends on the weight distribution of the vehicle, but still... Plus they are ugly as sin.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts