Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
True, but if you add a gigantic potato canon muffler it makes a huge difference! (sarcasm)...

Actually, I think it's more like advertising that you're a dumbass without spelling it out... On a 4-banger, I don't care what kind of wing or muffler you have - you're getting smoked!

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Real potato cannons on the other hand.... are illegal. yeah, thats what i was going to say. i didnt say anything incriminating....

something back on topic.... does anyone know if toyota will be offering an underbody coating on the FJC? we had it on my wife's Rav4 and it worked great, no rust at all even with the roadsalt and all that fun stuff that comes with winter in michigan.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Whether they offer it or not - I will pay to have it done. Could be the difference in your FJ lasting 10 years or 40!

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
im betting that a place like a Rhino or Line-X dealer would want a good amount of coin for such an application. the bedliners usually go for 300-400, right? considering all the additional time coating (not to mention the prep and masking nightmare!) the underside of a vehcile, even a new one, i would expect to pay $1000+.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I know the last time I was going to have it done, the company I was going to pay to do it wanted about $150 to do the underside of the vehicle. That was half a decade ago though. So god only knows how much it will cost to have it done. I duralined the entire interior of my Bronco for about $130. So if I have to do it myself, I will. I won't pay another grand for it. They sell duraliner in spray cans at Wal-mart and it shouldn't take too many cans to do the underside. The biggest part of the process will be masking the important wires and other stuff.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Topless4runner said:
heck yeah, driving a rwd in the snow is a blast; unless of course you are trying to get somewhere.

what i was getting at was the point of an aerodymanic surface (wing) on a vehicle is to increase downforce to improve traction. wouldnt pushing down on the rear of a fwd car effectively increase the rear weight bias and reduce traction on the front? obviously it depends on the weight distribution of the vehicle, but still... Plus they are ugly as sin.
I agree, most are way too big and look stupid.

D

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
About as functional as 24" spinners on an off-road vehicle.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts