Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here painted their TT roof white? I know it takes away the exclusivity but it can look nice. I think the white roof on the (modern) FJ makes it standout from most other vehicles today. I would always spot a FJ from far away because of its iconic white roof.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Being here, deep in the sunbelt, the last thing I want is a dark roof on my FJ. There is nada for insulation behind that headliner, and the reflectivity of the white helps keep the interior cooler. We do have cavernous interiors when you compare to a Wrangler, the only other off-road capable thing offered out there these days. The AC can use any help we can provide it...

·
Registered
270 Posts
I bought a TT because I can't stand the look with the white roof. There is no noticeable difference with a cement colored roof, the AC works fine. Hopefully someone who has painted their white roof body color will chime in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Totally agree. Definitely one of the many benifits of a white roof. Is yours factory painted or custom painted? I'm curious to see if anyone has painted their tt's to white.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,135 Posts
A possible solution is what I did, to leave the flat part of the roof white. I painted the side roof panels titanium silver to match the body, as well as the small strip around the back door. July heat in Moab had no greater effect than previous 4 years. So in reverse for TT FJs you could simply paint the flat top white and leave the rest color matched, also avoiding having to remove the roof rack :grin

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
I think most TT owners like the color matched roof. Black roof on a black FJ is badazz.
White roof on a 12 RR TT...........no just ..no.
You could always photoshop one to get a feel for what it might look like.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
And for those that can not make up there mind ?

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts