Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for anyone that has installed or seen budbuilt sliders, besides the front skid, can you see any other pieces? i was going to paint all 8 pieces yellow, but now i'm thinking about just painting the front skid yellow and the other 7 since they aren't really visable would be painted black. also i figured yellow is hard to keep clean on the other 7 pieces.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Re: painting budbuilt sliders...

You can see them all the way back (from the sides).

BTW, we used to have a 92 Vigor GS 5 speed too (I worked at the Acura dealership here for 4 years)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

can you see them standing up at eye level or u have to look underneath?

would it look weird if i only paint one of the skids yellow?

·
Registered
5,172 Posts

This belongs to TCao

You will be able to see them as you walk up to the vehicle. If you paint only one skid yellow and you don't like it you can always add paint or repaint at any time. (mine are black)

They are not that hard to take off, in case you want a change

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts

You can see them all the way back (from the sides).
RoverGGM is 100% correct! You can see them all the way back and I like the distinctive look the red skids impart to my rig! I also like the way some of the red paint scrapes off when you drag over a big rock and it looks as if the rock is bleeding (j/k)

I was looking for a good side-shot of the red skids and can't find one at the moment - these are from last Saturday's run in the SoCal Lake Arrowhead Area.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/member-build-ups/32237-meet-scorpion-uphills-build-up.html#post526280

I want my rig to look "distinctively mine" and the painted skids really make that happen -- until everyone else with a Titanium FJ decides they want red Budbuilts --

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

And here you got me all excited that BudBuilt was producing sliders! :fight:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

Uphill who's rig is that behind you? I'm pretty sure that FJ I spotted going south on the 405 freeway the other day near the Long beach Seal beach area. That pin stripping if thats what you call it caught my attention.

·
Registered
449 Posts

not trying to change subject but nice wheels love the beedlocks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts