Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
I have never heard of anyone doing that. I dont see what harm it would do, but I am no expert. When I took my rear springs out to replace them they felt like they were cheaply painted. I am curious if anyone has done this. Just curious why did you want to paint them and what kind do you have?

Good Luck

:cheers:

Jay

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I'm in the middle of sandblasting my coils, and praying them with rusoleum professional paint.... they coils are 6 years old now, so they need a redo bad, the powdercoat on them is peeling off....

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
I'm in the middle of sandblasting my coils, and praying them with rusoleum professional paint.... they coils are 6 years old now, so they need a redo bad, the powdercoat on them is peeling off....
How do you think the Rustoleum will hold up on the springs? Don't get me wrong I love Rustoleum, but I think the powder used on springs has an elastomer built in so the powder doesn't crack and fatigue with regular spring function. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
My OME rear and Front Eibach front spring powder coating has been long gone, the OME have nothing left on them at all, and the Eibachs have about 50% left... Maybe more elast', but I have never had an issue with my ol' fav' Rusty.... ;)

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
I painted my UCA and sway bar.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I painted my UCA and sway bar.

Damn Nestor you have done it all! I need to see your rig in person at some NorCal meet up eventually :bigthumb:

·
Registered
159 Posts
My Icon C/O springs have a weird spiral pattern where it looks like the powder coating is chipping. Both front C/Os have the exact same patter. They are only 4 or 5 months old, anybody else have this problem?

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Damn Nestor you have done it all! I need to see your rig in person at some NorCal meet up eventually :bigthumb:
Sure.

BTW, we almost have the same front suspension setup.
You have the Bilstein 5100 front with OME 885 Medium. I only have the 2010 OEM Bilstein with OME 885 medium springs.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
My Icon C/O springs have a weird spiral pattern where it looks like the powder coating is chipping. Both front C/Os have the exact same patter. They are only 4 or 5 months old, anybody else have this problem?
My powder coat is holding up fine I run King coil overs and icon rear springs both powder coated lime green. No issues yet and riding at about 20,000 miles. Is the cracking occurring where they hung the springs from the baking? I figure that would be a weak section.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
SO SEXI!

My FJ is black and has a lot of red accents like brake calipers, the emblems, engine cover, red antenna... I need MORE red!
Ths pic will help you decide your next red painting project.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts