Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
What a surprisingly unique idea! I especially like the recovery strap ties around the outside of the tire.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I really like this too! A great idea to use that space for storage! And at around 160.00, it's not badly priced. A stock FJ tire cover sells for more than half that sometimes.

They also make them to size, so it's a cover for your oversized spare too!

Nice!

·
Registered
365 Posts
can you lock it? not to be a naysayer... but is interior space so valuable that you have to store all of your gear outside? just my $.02

·
Registered
416 Posts
can you lock it? not to be a naysayer... but is interior space so valuable that you have to store all of your gear outside? just my $.02
You can lock anything, but I would think it rather pointless...it's like locking a soft top heep...just pointless.

My interior is not that bad, but I have seen some that need all the space possible. However, if I have snatch blocks and the like in the cab, I rather prefer them not flying at my head in the off chance I get in an accident.

I would also think it's a great place for dirty recovery gear on the trail. You can always remove it at home. I like my vehicle clean inside.

·
Registered
365 Posts
fair enough! i have most of my gear stored in a bag inside the cabin... or mounted somewhere inside. the tire bag is a good use of otherwise dead space...

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Thats a cool idea for storage!! Although I still like inside storage better, but thats good cuz once all your equipment is dirty you don't have to worry about the interior getting dirty. :cool:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Great idea for once you are in the trail, that way all the dirty and muddy straps stays out side while you are on the trail. Than clean them up and put it in the cargo area on your way home on the freeway, cool

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.