·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Wow, that is totally cool, Woodsman!

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the compliments. Hopefully some of the other Summiteers will post some panoramics in this thread as well.

That second photo is a complete 360 degrees.

I had never done a panoramic photo before the Summit so I decided to flip the dial to panoramic and try it. It was very intuitive. It instructs you to take one photo after another. The photos are downloaded using the Canon software as a group of individual photos. You then select the photos and the software stitches them together. I didn't even use a tripod.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet shots! what tripod/head/stitching software did you use? Got any hires shots? I've got a quad monitor (6400x1200) set up and I'm always looking for nice panos!
I'll check later and see what the resolution is on those pics. I guess photobucket reduces them to a low resolution. PM me an email and I can send them.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome pics :bigthumb:

Stacey is really wanting a Fish eye lens for our camera, maybe next year.
Thanks for the compliment and thanks for leading us down Last Dollar Road and Ophir Pass.

I want a fisheye lens as well. I just received my new camera a week before the Summit (no big deal since it's a Canon like my previous cameras) and the only accessories I bought were a 58mm lens adaptor, polarizing filter, and lens extension to shade the lens from bright sunlight.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
...That second photo is a complete 360 degrees.
So that's how a dog feels when he bites own tail....makes me feel dizzy (I am still dizzy from coming back down to sea level).

Very cool shots Woodsman :rocker:

·
Premium Member
576 Posts

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Breath-taking pictures! I wish our camera had a panoramic option...

My camera does not have a panoramic option. It's done with software after the fact. You tell it if you panned or moved and what the focal length you used was.

The software (PhotoStitch in this case) does all the heavy lifting. Very simple to do.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great pics Aslan. I believe the Canon/software can do the stitching that way as well.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
That is awesome. Being from Alabama it just amazing how there is still snow left. Does it ever melt all the way?
No. There is always snow somewhere up there.
However, this year is exceptional. I saw snow drifts more than twice the height of Sandi this time where I've never even seen snow before (and I'm there during the first week of July every year).

So, this year for sure, it will not all be melted before it starts dumping again this fall.

Oh, great shots James....and others as well.
steven

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Great pics Aslan. I believe the Canon/software can do the stitching that way as well.
That is the Canon software - at least the Mac Version. (I have a Canon 30D)

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Here are some of the ones I took along the way. The regular pics are huge, I hope you enjoy them. :)

Yankee Boy Basin

Imogene

Black Bear

Alta Lakes

Alta Lakes

Kokopelli Trail

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Here are some of the ones I took along the way. The regular pics are huge, I hope you enjoy them. :)

Kokopelli Trail

Great pics Mike, I really wanted to go on this trail with Woody & the east coast Trail Team last year. :thinkerg: Maybe I will this year, Stacey pack our bags. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts